Can't find my shubunkins?

jude456

Hi everyone! I recently finished renovating my 650gal backyard pond. Filled it, got it ready to go, checked parameters, got the aerators and filter running and put the plants back in.
We decided to start out with three shubunkin. They were about 2-3 inches. Acclimated them as you do, floating the bag and gradually adding water.
For the rest of the day they hid as expected, but the next day they would surface now and then and we could feed them. However, since then we haven't seen a single fish. I've continued feeding a couple times a day, but I have no idea whether they're eating anything.
I assume if they were dead they'd be floating so we'd know, right? Are they just hiding? It's been a couple weeks now and still not a peep. I'm worried they're gonna starve!
Any ideas?

NevermindIgnoreMe

I'd just keep checking the pond. Sit out there and read a book, stay out there for a while, set up a chair, they may just hide when they hear you coming.

Dewclaw83

Is it possible something fished them out and ate them?

jude456

Dewclaw83 said:
Is it possible something fished them out and ate them?
I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be the case, the pond is 5 feet deep in the middle and there are some places to take cover so I think they'd be able to stay out of harm's way. We've had fish in there in the past and racoons were never able to get 'em.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom