cant find my otto's

1. bodieman Member Member

i have a 29 gal tank that has a dwarf gourami 2 guppies, 6 cherry barbs and what i thought was 3 ottos. after a while of not seeing the otto's stuck on the plants i did a recon on the tank to find them. i looked under all the caves and every spot that they could hid but can only find one. they arent in the filter or intake tube. my only guess is they got buried in the sand during a water change or something. anyone have any advice or experience on this?

2. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

In my experience with otos, they'll move out of the way (sometimes grudgingly ;)) when I'm cleaning the tank. I don't think they would let themselves get buried. They are really good at hiding though. I once stripped my tank all the way down to gravel and 2 inches of water and it still took me a good long minute to spot him. :;nin2

Hopefully the otos just hiding.

Could you update your tank info please. Between this thread and another, I'm not sure who's all in this tank. :p

3. bodieman Member Member

lol yes i will update it right now thanks for the help on my questions i guess ill just try and keep an eye out for them

4. speed0factory Member Member

then that will be werid cos my otto, like to swim around the tank haha, it's hard for not spotting him haha.

5. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Bodie. I hope your fish are ok and just hiding. Keep us posted.
    Ken

6. patzee Member Member

Hi Bodieman
    I have 3 otos in a 20 gallon and they definately like to hide out. Usually I can only find one and I swore the other day one was gone for good. But eventually they all showed up! Don't know where they hide, but they are good at it!