Help Can't find my flasher wrasse!

sk1mman

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Today I bought a flasher wrasse and acclimated him properly as usual. He was swimming around just fine for about 20 mins after I put him in. Then I came back into the room and he was gone. I read that sometimes they bury themselves to sleep or hide. So I waited a couple hours and gently sifted through the sand but still couldn't find him. I checked every single nook and cranny possible. I have a tight lid so there is no way he could have jumped out.

At what point in time should I start getting more concerned that he isn't coming up. I just want some reassurance that he is probably just hiding in the sand. Thanks.

ATP

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Today I bought a flasher wrasse and acclimated him properly as usual. He was swimming around just fine for about 20 mins after I put him in. Then I came back into the room and he was gone. I read that sometimes they bury themselves to sleep or hide. So I waited a couple hours and gently sifted through the sand but still couldn't find him. I checked every single nook and cranny possible. I have a tight lid so there is no way he could have jumped out.

At what point in time should I start getting more concerned that he isn't coming up. I just want some reassurance that he is probably just hiding in the sand. Thanks.
Probably just stressed. What your parameters?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom