Cant Figure This Out.

Woodsman27

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
I have two parts of an aquarium ornament that I had in an aquarium about a year ago. Now it's in my new fish tank, but prior to that it was in a box in my storage room. Before I put it in the tank I have setup now, I scrubbed it with a bleach and water solution and a toothbrush. Then I tried a fishless cycle, and after about 2 weeks in I started noticing a lot of green algae on the pirate ship. After abandoning the fishless cycle and before I put fish in, I did a 75% water change. While doing this I took a toothbrush to the algae and it instantly turned to dust, it was like a powder or something. So I also noticed that the water was cloudy, so I did a 50% wc... 3hrs later cloudy again and the algae is back... I really don't know what this is and how to treat for or get rid of it. Had anyone ever had this issue? (And it's not brown like diatoms or on the glass.)
Thanks in advance.

MrBryan723

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Could be almost anything. Just not anything brown like diatoms I guess. I'm going to guess a bunch of tiny dancing skeletons or perhaps aliens based on the information provided.

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom