Can’t decide- iwagumi stocking

Rye3434

8966D603-23F1-49A9-B3E1-BE26A8D8B68F.jpeg
So this is the tank,
I moved the gold white clouds out and now it’s empty, I just don’t know what to put in now.
I’ve wanted emerald eye rasboras for a while but I have not been able to find them after searching quite a bit.
Now I’m thinking maybe green neons or espei rasboras but I want some other thoughts

Ghelfaire

What about doing something that will stand out a bit more like chili rasboras or ember tetras?

Rye3434

I thought about chilis, I just don’t know if I want to spend the money for a group of 30, I feel like 20 would be too little of an impact in a 20 gallon. Maybe exclamation points? As for embers I have a group of 40-50 in a 55 already and want to do something else

carsonsgjs

What are your parameters (ph, gh etc) and what are the tank dimensions? You mentioned you had white clouds in it, so is the tank heated?

Good job on the tank by the way, really nice.

Rye3434

Ph around 7.2 before CO2 turns on
Gh and Kh I dont remember, moderately hard out of the tap, so probably close to the middle w the aquasoil (im at school rn so cant test)
Its a UNS 60u so 60 x 36 x 36 cm (about 24 x 14 x 14) - 20 gallons
Nah no heater, sits about 24-25 C usually

And thank you :)

ProudPapa

Celestial pearl danios, or maybe dwarf emerald rasboras?

Rye3434

Celestial pearl danios, or maybe dwarf emerald rasboras?
I like them but I'm looking for something that schools a bit tighter

kallililly1973

8-10 tiger barbs would pop in that tank and they are usually a pretty tight grouping fish … our 11 in our 29 never leave each other’s side. Nice looking tank!!

Ghelfaire

I like them but I'm looking for something that schools a bit tighter
What about rummynose tetras? They bigger than embers and have a bright red face. They're one of the tightest schooling tetras you'll find.

Rye3434

What about rummynose tetras? They bigger than embers and have a bright red face. They're one of the tightest schooling tetras you'll find.
I was actually very close to ordering some, but I kindve thought they look too big after seeing this video

8-10 tiger barbs would pop in that tank and they are usually a pretty tight grouping fish … our 11 in our 29 never leave each other’s side. Nice looking tank!!
Interesting, again I think they might look too big

not tryna be rude and I’m thankful for suggestions, I’m just picky lol
I am considering Some boraras more seriously now tho

V1K

Threadfin rainbowfish maybe? Not sure if they're bright enough, it's just one of the small fish I wish to keep one day :). But as far as I know they won't form a tight school.

Rye3434

Threadfin rainbowfish maybe? Not sure if they're bright enough, it's just one of the small fish I wish to keep one day :). But as far as I know they won't form a tight school.
Ooh I forgot abt threadfins, definitely considering them now

Ghelfaire

How about serpae or blind cave tetras…. Or a species only with skunk loaches
Blind cave tetras will be too big, I've seen adults in person at my lfs

Rye3434

Thanks everybody for suggestions :)

I ordered 20 green neons from aquahuna, was a hard decision

Rye3434

Rough acclimation and a dumb mistake moving from quarantine too soon means I am down to like 11, started with 19

but they do look good, I might order more in a bit, haven’t decided yet

A30889C4-E058-445E-9085-0B7B39C8D933.jpeg

SkyMac

If you're considering shrimp at all, given the colors on the fish, you could do some blue velvet shrimp. They'll contrast well with the plants, and compliment the fish really nicely.

Rye3434

Thanks I agree, but I'm not. I have not had good luck with neos in general, there are just some amanos in there

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Fishem02
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies
Views
TexasDomer
  • Question
Replies