Cannot tell if my Rosy Barb has itch?

JTDawg

I have noticed two faint and very small white spots on my Rosy Barb's tail. My Rosy Barb is very active and you literally have to stick your face into the front glass of the aquarium and the barb needs to be swimming in front of you just to notice the spot. I have done my research on Ich and I am slowly increasing the temperature of my tank and have some meds on the way in case I need to medicate my tank. I have taken multiple pictures of my fish but you cannot see the white spots in any of the pictures.

Should I assume it has ich and start the treatment process ASAP, or should I wait a couple of days to see how it develops?

I have a 75G heavy planted tank, recently cycled and all my fish are juvenile:

5x Rosy Barb
5x Gold Barb
10x Zebra Danio
3x Pearl Gourami
1x RTBS
4x Bolivian Ram
6x Rosaline Shark
5x Black skirt tetras

407 Fluval Canister Filter
200 W Aqueon Heater

Coradee

Welcome to Fishlore, I wouldn’t start treatment just yet unless you are sure it is Ich, if it’s fungal increasing the temperature could make it worse.
I know pics are hard to get but could you try to get a short video of the affected fish instead? to post a video first it needs to be uploaded to somewhere like YouTube then share that link here

Upvote 0

V1K

Have your fish had any trauma to its tail? In my rosy barbs scars after injuries sometimes look like little white dots on fin rays. They don't protrude and don't look like bumps. Mine are long fin variety, so their tails get injured whenever they spawn, which is like every other week or so.

Upvote 0

JTDawg

I do have a troublesome rosy that likes to nip the other Rosie's. I tried taking a picture but again it's very hard to notice the spot. If it helps it shows a bit against the filter input head.
Oh and by the way, it's day 3 and since I noticed those spots and my tank's at 78F/25C, I have not noticed any spots on other fish or more spots on the Rosy

Attachments

• 20210113_080523_capture.jpg
    20210113_080523_capture.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 15
Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
A201
Replies
Views
AnyaK13