Canister Filter

Discussion in 'Filters and Filtration' started by _S_, Apr 13, 2017.

1. _

_S_ New Member Member

I need urgent help! I recently got a new tank. Here's the name to the tank:

It comes with a FLUVAL external canister filter. I believe it is a Fluval 305 or Fluval 306 external canister filter. Right now there is NO fish since the tank is fairly new. I know about cycling and the nitrogen cycle and was about to cycle it but I can't figure out how canister filters work and any procedures. I have never used them and always stick to my HOB or sponge ones so this is a first time for me. Any help would be appreciated from the very start. I need to know how to set it up, how to maintain it and all the necessary so that I can start cycling my tank. I am grateful for any help I can get.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  2. Tanks and Plants

Tanks and Plants Well Known Member Member

3. OP
    OP
    _

_S_ New Member Member

Thank you. I don't think it's quite the same filter but I am pretty sure fluval's kind of similar to each other. The ones in the videos look like the one I have. I am going to try it out. Fingers crossed it works

4. Tanks and Plants

Could it be the 06 model like the 306?

Try and google the filter you have. When I pressed the link it showed that you have the 305 filter

Try and see if the filter you have is on one of these 3 pages

5. goldfishbeginner

goldfishbeginner New Member Member

Nice tank congrats!

6. OP
    OP
    _

_S_ New Member Member

7. Tanks and Plants

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice