Canister Filter

_S_

I need urgent help! I recently got a new tank. Here's the name to the tank:

It comes with a FLUVAL external canister filter. I believe it is a Fluval 305 or Fluval 306 external canister filter. Right now there is NO fish since the tank is fairly new. I know about cycling and the nitrogen cycle and was about to cycle it but I can't figure out how canister filters work and any procedures. I have never used them and always stick to my HOB or sponge ones so this is a first time for me. Any help would be appreciated from the very start. I need to know how to set it up, how to maintain it and all the necessary so that I can start cycling my tank. I am grateful for any help I can get.

Tanks and Plants

I hope that this is the filter you have.....

And this should help you understand the Nitrogen cycle it's very important and the first step in learning on how to cycle a tank.

Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle

And how to cycle your tank.....

_S_

Tanks and Plants said:
I hope that this is the filter you have.....

And this should help you understand the Nitrogen cycle it's very important and the first step in learning on how to cycle a tank.

Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle

And how to cycle your tank.....
Thank you. I don't think it's quite the same filter but I am pretty sure fluval's kind of similar to each other. The ones in the videos look like the one I have. I am going to try it out. Fingers crossed it works

Tanks and Plants

Could it be the 06 model like the 306?

Try and google the filter you have. When I pressed the link it showed that you have the 305 filter

Try and see if the filter you have is on one of these 3 pages

goldfishbeginner

Nice tank congrats!

_S_

Tanks and Plants said:
Could it be the 06 model like the 306?

Try and google the filter you have. When I pressed the link it showed that you have the 305 filter

Try and see if the filter you have is on one of these 3 pages
I found out it's the Fluval 305 External Canister filter
Amazon.com : Fluval 305 External Canister Filter - 110V, 260 gallons per hour : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies

Tanks and Plants

_S_ said:
I found out it's the Fluval 305 External Canister filter
Amazon.com : Fluval 305 External Canister Filter - 110V, 260 gallons per hour : Aquarium Filters : Pet Supplies

The YouTube video should tell you how to setup your filter. The one in the video could be just a bigger model. Pretty much they are all the same.

Good Luck!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom