Canister Filter Question!

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
810
Points
158
Experience
5 to 10 years
i was wondering if anyone knows were i can find one of those ehiem aquacompact canisters? they're basically a mini canister filter. I saw them on ehiems website. Think they're rated for up to 35 gallons. I'd love one for my 20 gallon long. Not a fan of hobs. If this isn't possible. Would the lowest rated ehiem classic (think it's the 2211) be a good pick? I love how simple and easy it is to clean my two canisters on my 112g.
 

jmaldo

Well Known Member
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
3,981
Points
308
Experience
2 years
I was looking for them also, plenty over in the UK but not very popular here in the US. Finally decided to pick-up the 2211 for my 20L and 30L also caught the 2213 on sale. (Ebay and Amazon)
I started with the Aquaclears which are "Good" filters but from this point on the QT and Plant grow out tubs will have the HOB's. (since they are still working fine)
Eheim canisters are a few more $'s but well worth it. Set-up and forget it for 2-3 months or so. Plus I do not need to worry about power outages during the "Thunderstorm season about to visit".
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #3

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
810
Points
158
Experience
5 to 10 years
jmaldo said:
I was looking for them also, plenty over in the UK but not very popular here in the US. Finally decided to pick-up the 2211 for my 20L and 30L also caught the 2213 on sale. (Ebay and Amazon)
I started with the Aquaclears which are "Good" filters but from this point on the QT and Plant grow out tubs will have the HOB's. (since they are still working fine)
Eheim canisters are a few more $'s but well worth it. Set-up and forget it for 2-3 months or so. Plus I do not need to worry about power outages during the "Thunderstorm season about to visit".
is the 2211 and 2213 working well for you???
 

jmaldo

Well Known Member
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
3,981
Points
308
Experience
2 years
Both working fine. I did trim the spray bars to fit the width of the tanks. I prefer the to have the spray bar at one end and the intake at the other. Perfect flow.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #6

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
810
Points
158
Experience
5 to 10 years
i live in the US. is it even possible to buy this? It's the India Amazon. :/
 

Thunder_o_b

Fishlore VIP
Messages
9,484
Reaction score
5,853
Points
508
Experience
More than 10 years
Mike1995 said:
i live in the US. is it even possible to buy this? It's the India Amazon. :/
The price is listed in US dollars so I would think so. BUT I really do not know.
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #9

Mike1995

Well Known Member
Messages
1,829
Reaction score
810
Points
158
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thunder_o_b said:
The price is listed in US dollars so I would think so. BUT I really do not know.
it's listed in the Indian currency lol. It's alright. I'm gonna get the ehiem classic 2211
 
Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!





Top Bottom