55 Gallon Tank Canister Filter Help With Blood Parrots?

Florence

Hello,

I'm currently running two fluval 70 HOBs on my 55 gallon cichlid tank which houses two blood parrots. The filters work exceptionally and the water is always crystal clear and with perfect parameters. My only complaint is how much noise they make. Even filled to the brim, the noise is awful. I've had these for years and it was never a problem until I had to move the tank close to my bedroom due to having to redo my floor. I'm interested in switching to a canister filter for the tank, as I've had great success with them on smaller tanks. I would like to purchase the sun sun hw-304, as it does 525 gph. My only concern is would this be a significant downgrade from what I'm currently running? My hobs have 600 gph at the moment, and are stuffed with media. My parrots are messy and the hobs have never failed me, but I would like to try something quieter.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cichlidude

Not at all. Your 55 gallon only needs about 440 gph to be successful and you have that with either filter. The canister will be much quieter.

Florence

Cichlidude said:
Not at all. Your 55 gallon only needs about 440 gph to be successful and you have that with either filter. The canister will be much quieter.
Sounds good. I'm just religious with over filtering when it comes to messy fish.

Latest threads

Top Bottom