Canister Filter For 5.5gal?

Fishproblem

HI all - I have a 5.5 gallon low tech planted tank that I’m looking to upgrade in terms of equipment and aesthetics. Step one, for me, is remove the sponge filter and replace with an external filter to create more space in the tank.

I really hate the look of HOB filters, but need help finding a canister filter with a gentle enough flow to not blow around my plants or my fish. Does anyone have suggestions?

TheBettaSushi

HI all - I have a 5.5 gallon low tech planted tank that I’m looking to upgrade in terms of equipment and aesthetics. Step one, for me, is remove the sponge filter and replace with an external filter to create more space in the tank.

I really hate the look of HOB filters, but need help finding a canister filter with a gentle enough flow to not blow around my plants or my fish. Does anyone have suggestions?
When I was looking into canister filters for my 6 gallon, I came across a finnex px-360 and a zoo med nano 10. Those are the only ones I could find for such a small sized tank. After doing more research, I kept my aquaclear 20 and didn’t go with a canister so I don’t know how well the ones I mentioned will work.

Fishproblem

When I was looking into canister filters for my 6 gallon, I came across a finnex px-360 and a zoo med nano 10. Those are the only ones I could find for such a small sized tank. After doing more research, I kept my aquaclear 20 and didn’t go with a canister so I don’t know how well the ones I mentioned will work.

Super, those are the only two I found as well. I think I’ll be eventually going with the nano 10. Thanks!!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Jeezusjuiicee
Replies
Views
Islandvic
Replies
Views
Karl
Replies
Views