Canaculus' Artwork - Page 3

Cheesecake

Cold&warm said:
I had a hard time to find this thread back.
As I have said before, I have quite a problem to wrestle myself away from the stone age. It shows very painfully when using the web with a forum like this one.

While I was searching for your artwork thread, all of a sudden, I do not know how it happened, there was a thread on my screen with all kinds of pictures of people, also yours.
It looks as if your main concern were the cars, for the picture is taken from far or with a wide angle.

I surmise the car you never heard of from the three we were dealing with in the "bestie" thread is the Graham Paige.
I obviously do not know much about cars, but my mum repeated the name from her childhood, middle or late 1920s - early 1930s, I guess. She said it was the only car that was around at the time. I must say that my maternal grandfather - BTW a devoted aquarist, animal (among others birds, deer) and plant lover - displayed an exquisite taste in whatever he undertook. He also had a marvelous bass baritone voice.
I cannot ask my mum anymore about the car, for she already joined her daddy in the place where no cars are needed anymore.
This one looks very good, I like the distinguished colors in the first picture:

Many thanks in advance!
I think I'll do the first one.
Just finished the Duesenberg Model J drawing . I'll upload it and a couple others tomorrow.

Cold&warm

Canaculus said:
I think I'll do the first one.
Just finished the Duesenberg Model J drawing . I'll upload it and a couple others tomorrow.
I think that the 1928 Graham-Paige Model 629 in the illustration looks outright classy. Must be a roomy car, too.
I find £ 45,000 (slightly over $ 55,000) for such a beautiful piece of history from almost a century ago a real bargain. If only I had that money... I would buy one!!

Looking forward to what tomorro will bring...

Amazoniantanklvr

Could you do a BMW i8 please!

Cheesecake

Cold&warm said:
I think that the 1928 Graham-Paige Model 629 in the illustration looks outright classy. Must be a roomy car, too.
I find £ 45,000 (slightly over $ 55,000) for such a beautiful piece of history from almost a century ago a real bargain. If only I had that money... I would buy one!!

Looking forward to what tomorro will bring...
Wow! That's quite a lot of money for that type of car! I can understand why you would get one though.

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Could you do a BMW i8 please!
Sure! I tried drawing one awhile back but it was from a pretty bad angle so I quit.

Amazoniantanklvr

Canaculus said:
Wow! That's quite a lot of money for that type of car! I can understand why you would get one though.

Sure! I tried drawing one awhile back but it was from a pretty bad angle so I quit.
Then do an easier angle! Lol

Cheesecake

Cheesecake

Cold&warm!

I am almost done with the Graham Paige. Just part of the roof, the headlights, and some shading left.

Amazoniantanklvr

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
do you want to become an artist when you grow up?

Cheesecake

Amazoniantanklvr said:
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
do you want to become an artist when you grow up?
LOL. Actually I don't, I just love drawing.

Amazoniantanklvr

Really? With the talent you could lots of things!

Cheesecake

Amazoniantanklvr said:
Really? With the talent you could lots of things!
I know, but I have other interests that I would rather pursue.
For instance, being a veterinarian.

Amazoniantanklvr

ah
That would be cool. Maybe an ichthyologist? lol

Cheesecake

Amazoniantanklvr said:
ah
That would be cool. Maybe an ichthyologist? lol
Maybe. Who knows?

nikm128

Wow Canaculus you can really see the progression of skill throughout this thread. You’re getting really good!

RikkiTikkii

You just gave me an idea! I might do a master post for my work too!

very nice work, Canaculus !!! Time to like spam your stuff

Cold&warm

Canaculus said:
Cold&warm!

I am almost done with the Graham Paige. Just part of the roof, the headlights, and some shading left.
As always, the results of your announced endeavors are far beyond expectation ...
Thanks a lot !!!!

It was more than worth to wait a day longer for it. (I was already considering posting a few days later something like "it might be my last wish that you draw the cars you would post", but did not know how to put it in a palatable way - also because alluding to the pandemic seems to be taboo on Fishlore.)

Bottomline: THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

As a staunch Wikipedia fan, I'd be obliged to learn what species the bird belongs to ...

BTW, I am more than convinced that you would make an outstanding vet.

I guess that it must give a sense of freedom to be talented in different fields, especially the artistic part.
It reminds me of a visit to a childhood friend of mine in Switzerland long ago. Before getting a house completely of his own, he lived in an apartment. The family living in the apartment above him would play their (grand) piano very much the way you draw.
My friend's wife commented: "Things are unequally distributed in this life."
As long as there are people like you and the family in the upper apartment who share the joy that comes with their talents, I do not mind at all ... .

Edit: the childhood friend who now lives in Switzerland is the same one of (my) post # 66: in his home
I saw for the first time a tiny picture of the LamborghinI (P 400) Miura, then the fastest car being produced.

Cheesecake

nikm128 said:
Wow Canaculus you can really see the progression of skill throughout this thread. You’re getting really good!
Thank you Nick!!!!

RikkiTikkii said:
You just gave me an idea! I might do a master post for my work too!

very nice work, Canaculus !!! Time to like spam your stuff
Yeah definitely do that!
I saw some of your stuff and I have to say I'm impressed. Your digital art is truly professional, and you "doodles" are awesome. I like that you aren't like some digital artists who need a computer to create art. Not only are you a wizard with a computer, but those watercolors I saw were also fantastic.
And those sketches? Amazing! Was that Kanga from Winnie-The-Pooh?
Stay awesome dude .

Cold&warm said:
As always, the results of your announced endeavors are far beyond expectation ...
Thanks a lot !!!!

It was more than worth to wait a day longer for it. (I was already considering posting a few days later something like "it might be my last wish that you draw the cars you would post", but did not know how to put it in a palatable way - also because alluding to the pandemic seems to be taboo on Fishlore.)

Bottomline: THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!

As a staunch Wikipedia fan, I'd be obliged to learn what species the bird belongs to ...

BTW, I am more than convinced that you would make an outstanding vet.

I guess that it must give a sense of freedom to be talented in different fields, especially the artistic part.
It reminds me of a visit to a childhood friend of mine in Switzerland long ago. Before getting a house completely of his own, he lived in an apartment. The family living in the apartment above him would play their (grand) piano very much the way you draw.
My friend's wife commented: "Things are unequally distributed in this life."
As long as there are people like you and the family in the upper apartment who share the joy that comes with their talents, I do not mind at all ... .

Edit: the childhood friend who now lives in Switzerland is the same one of (my) post # 66: in his home
I saw for the first time a tiny picture of the LamborghinI (P 400) Miura, then the fastest car being produced.
The words that I may be able to type cannot express how much I appreciate this. Thank you thank you thank you, from the bottom of my heart!!!!
Also the species is a golden eagle, one of the most majestic birds in the world IMO.

RikkiTikkii

Canaculus said:
Yeah definitely do that!
I saw some of your stuff and I have to say I'm impressed. Your digital art is truly professional, and you "doodles" are awesome. I like that you aren't like some digital artists who need a computer to create art. Not only are you a wizard with a computer, but those watercolors I saw were also fantastic.
And those sketches? Amazing! Was that Kanga from Winnie-The-Pooh?
Stay awesome dude .
That means so much!! Thank you
Contrary to popular belief, those doodles are in fact done on Procreate with some glorious brushes known as Maxpacks. Literal god tier brushes. Worth my $25! Lol

In my heart, I am truly a digital illustrator, but I have experience in fine art and have classical training. So I do have traditional background hahaha I just HATE it. Maybe if I curate that master post later today, I’ll show some of my classical stuff too
I’m an avid believer that learning the foundations of art such as traditional is vital as a digital artist. But digital art itself is a skill too. Not many know how to efficiently work their way through programs like Photoshop

but thank you!! And haha it wasn’t actually! A friends character to practice anthropomorphics

Cold&warm

Canaculus said:
The words that I may be able to type cannot express how much I appreciate this. Thank you thank you thank you, from the bottom of my heart!!!!
Also the species is a golden eagle, one of the most majestic birds in the world IMO.
Glad to hear that appreciation coming from a country where art seems to flow in the natives' blood (unfortunately it does not flow in mine, and not only because I am not a native. Many of my kin are and were artistically gifted, graphically and especially in terms of musical talent) makes you happy .

Am going to look up the golden eagle, thanks. It is a splendid bird...

Cheesecake

RikkiTikkii said:
That means so much!! Thank you
Contrary to popular belief, those doodles are in fact done on Procreate with some glorious brushes known as Maxpacks. Literal god tier brushes. Worth my $25! Lol

In my heart, I am truly a digital illustrator, but I have experience in fine art and have classical training. So I do have traditional background hahaha I just HATE it. Maybe if I curate that master post later today, I’ll show some of my classical stuff too
I’m an avid believer that learning the foundations of art such as traditional is vital as a digital artist. But digital art itself is a skill too. Not many know how to efficiently work their way through programs like Photoshop

but thank you!! And haha it wasn’t actually! A friends character to practice anthropomorphics
Those aren't digital??? WOW! I'm even more impressed! I personally am not the greatest with paint, although I haven't tried in awhile.
Yours are so good...
Yeah if you have anything else you want to share, please do. Given how amazing your other stuff is the traditional ones should be even better .

Cold&warm said:
Glad to hear that appreciation coming from a country where art seems to flow in the natives' blood (unfortunately it does not flow in mine, and not only because I am not a native. Many of my kin are and were artistically gifted, graphically and especially in terms of musical talent) makes you happy .

Am going to look up the golden eagle, thanks. It is a splendid bird...
It was greatly appreciated .

RikkiTikkii

Canaculus said:
Those aren't digital??? WOW! I'm even more impressed! I personally am not the greatest with paint, although I haven't tried in awhile.
Yours are so good...
Yeah if you have anything else you want to share, please do. Given how amazing your other stuff is the traditional ones should be even better .
Hahahahahaha THEY ARE I might of misread. People assume the doodles are traditional because of the textures. They are indeed done on the iPad with a program called procreate!
Hahaha I will! I’ll get to doing that thread Including work I haven’t shown!!

Cheesecake

RikkiTikkii said:
Hahahahahaha THEY ARE I might of misread. People assume the doodles are traditional because of the textures. They are indeed done on the iPad with a program called procreate!
Hahaha I will! I’ll get to doing that thread Including work I haven’t shown!!
OH xD. That's what you meant haha . My bad lol.
I'll be looking out for that thread!

Cheesecake

Cold&warm.

It's kinda fuzzy due to the quality of the upload process. Still looks nice though .

Amazoniantanklvr

OMG! That's great!!

Cold&warm

Canaculus said:
Cold&warm.

It's kinda fuzzy due to the quality of the upload process. Still looks nice though .
YOU CAN SAY THAT ALOUD... AND "NICE" IS AN ENORMOUS UNDERSTATEMENT!
THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!!!

If my grandfather was still alive, he would have asked you for the (signed) original.
He had a feeling and a taste for art. In his heyday he had a collection (do not know how to say it otherwise) of doves and other exotic birds, deer, an array of fishtanks with tropical fish and some remarkable paintings. All lost due to World War II.
When he died he had only this small aquarium packed with fish, which would scandalize knowlegeable fishlorers. But the fish which could hardly move were healthy and grew miraculously. The joy of the last days of an old man...

NevermindIgnoreMe

I'm just seeing this and WOW. Just WOW. Calculus this so awesome!

Cold&warm

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
Reacting to the small print under your post(s): I wish you a blessed Easter..
It is (was) such an eerie sight, the Pope practically alone in Saint Peter's Basilica and Saint Peter's Square, brrr.
Happy Easter to you, too, @Canaculus !
NevermindIgnoreMe, I love Lara's Theme Song, too. Did you know that Connie Francis (one of my favorite singers) commissioned the words after she heard the melody, but seems to have been unsatisfied with the result?

NevermindIgnoreMe

Cold&warm said:
It is (was) such an eerie sight, the Pope practically alone in Saint Peter's Basilica and Saint Peter's Square, brrr.
NevermindIgnoreMe, I love Lara's Theme Song, too. Did you know that Connie Francis (one of my favorite singers) commissioned the words after she heard the melody, but seems to have been unsatisfied with the result?
No I didn't! I love that song, it's so beautiful and charming. Happy Easter!

Cheesecake

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
THANK YOU!!!

Cold&warm said:
Happy Easter to you as well!!!!

Cold&warm

NevermindIgnoreMe said:
No I didn't! I love that song, it's so beautiful and charming. Happy Easter!
As a non-native longtime Italian resident I have noticed that many of the world's greatest singers are children (sometimes grandchildren) of Italians. Their parents' journey across the Atlantic apparently made the difference for (the voices of) Connie Francis, Mario Lanza, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Perry Como, Jerry Vale, Frankie Valli and others.

sulucanaC, I have a problem with multiquote. Hopefully this way you read me equally. It took my sluggish mind a while before I understood you changed your FL name.
When will you treat us to more art?

Cheesecake

Cold&warm said:
@sulucanaC, I have a problem with multiquote. Hopefully this way you read me equally. It took my sluggish mind a while before I understood you changed your FL name.
When will you treat us to more art?
Lol. I have a piece that just needs some tweaking, and one that I will go now and upload .

Cheesecake

Here it is!

Edit: The scanner kinda blurred it .

Cold&warm

sulucanaC said:
Here it is!

Edit: The scanner kinda blurred it .
Looks real good.
Is it by any chance a ... Studebaker? Looks very much like the car used by the lead actor in the 1984 (?) film "Mischief".

Why did you reshuffle the letters that formed your original FL name?
IMO - no offence intended - the new name is as awkward as the grammar of modern Greek is compared to the grammar of classical Greek. (My neighbor is a descendant of the Greeks that wandered this way when they had overpopulation there, his family name is even "Greco". BTW, what a pity this Coronavirus thing. He always brought me some treat for Easter and Christmas - his wife is a supercook. This time I got only wishes - over the phone...)

Cheesecake

Cold&warm said:
Looks real good.
Is it by any chance a ... Studebaker? Looks very much like the car used by the lead actor in the 1984 (?) film "Mischief".

Why did you reshuffle the letters that formed your original FL name?
IMO - no offence intended - the new name is as awkward as the grammar of modern Greek is compared to the grammar of classical Greek. (My neighbor is a descendant of the Greeks that wandered this way when they had overpopulation there, his family name is even "Greco". BTW, what a pity this Coronavirus thing. He always brought me some treat for Easter and Christmas - his wife is a supercook. This time I got only wishes - over the phone...)
It isn't, although it does look pretty similar. Its a Tucker 48, AKA the Tucker Torpedo. Its a mid-engine sedan that was produced in the 40's by Preston Tucker. Sadly, his company met many financial hardships, and went under in 1950 I believe. Only about 50 of these cars were ever produced, making them quite expensive (a pristine example recently sold for &1.8 million USD).

Lol. I changed it for April Fools. Don't worry, it'll (probably) go back to its original form as soon as FL lets me change my username.
This pandemic is quite frustrating, yes.

Cold&warm

sulucanaC said:
It isn't, although it does look pretty similar. Its a Tucker 48, AKA the Tucker Torpedo. Its a mid-engine sedan that was produced in the 40's by Preston Tucker. Sadly, his company met many financial hardships, and went under in 1950 I believe. Only about 50 of these cars were ever produced, making them quite expensive (a pristine example recently sold for &1.8 million USD).

Lol. I changed it for April Fools. Don't worry, it'll (probably) go back to its original form as soon as FL lets me change my username.
This pandemic is quite frustrating, yes.
1: thanks - little did I know I'd learn so much more than strictly fish-related matters on this forum ...
2: am looking forward to it - the present name is quite an eyesore to me.

Cheesecake

Cold&warm said:
1: thanks - little did I know I'd learn so much more than strictly fish-related matters on this forum ...
2: am looking forward to it - the present name is quite an eyesore to me.
Haha. I get most of my info from books to be honest. Way more reliable than the Internet.
Lol. That has been the general reaction, although I might change it to Cheesecake (Its from something that happened in the Random Discussion 3 thread).

nikm128

Fixed the steering leak on my van yesterday! It was all because of a stupid little O ring...

Cheesecake

nikm128 said:
Fixed the steering leak on my van yesterday! It was all because of a stupid little O ring...
Lol. Those O rings man. Sometimes they get yah.

nikm128

Oh boy, here we go again. Wrong thread!

Cheesecake

nikm128 said:
Oh boy, here we go again. Wrong thread!
Lol. At least you didn't hit the mode button. That would've been twice as annoying.

Rylan

I was so confused about this thread until I realized you changed your username. Nice pieces of art!

Cold&warm

Rylan said:
I was so confused about this thread until I realized you changed your username. Nice pieces of art!
It took me quite a while to realize that, too.

Perhaps we should look at the matter this way: artists are creative, they are born with an irresistable urge to transform, to change things. Thus a piece of Carrara marble becomes Michelangelo's Pietà and ... Canaculus changes into sulucanaC. BTW, it was the other famous Italian, Leonardo da Vinci who wrote in specular script lest outsiders read the notes he made of his inventions. Our North American friend merely mirrored (inverted) the order of the letters of his name .

Cheesecake

Rylan said:
Thanks lol. I was trying to confuse people for April 1st.

Cheesecake

Here's another one!

Hugooo

sulucanaC said:
Here's another one!
Clearly the next Picasso! (Or should I say the next ossaciP? )

Cheesecake

Hugooo said:
Clearly the next Picasso! (Or should I say the next ossaciP? )
LOL. I actually laughed out loud, haha.

Rylan

sulucanaC said:
Here's another one!
Digging the green tones on that one

Wrench

Jessica.

Cold&warm

Cheesecake said:
Here's another one!
Mag-ni-fi-cent !!!!
I feel the urge to jump into the car for a ride ...
Worth waiting for ...

Pandurs

Cheesecake said:
Here's another one!
Gosh that renderiiiiiiing! Those detaiiiiiils!
May I ask what is your brand of choice for colored pencils? That blending is flawless.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom