Can you tell me which breed my flower horn is.

Ravi1705

Can you tell me which breed my flowerhorn is?? Is it a male or a female? It’s 4 months old (I guess).

A201

Looks like a very pretty Kamfa. It might be a little early for gender ID. Just an educated guess, but probably female.
Don't be bummed out if its female. I grew out a female Kamfa. She was not aggressive & was able to live in a community tank. She was very colorful as well.

AggressiveAquatics

Looks to be a female kamfa. Just some knowledge so you know for later on red eyes are kamfa and it seems to be a female because of the pattern near the back of the top fin. But it is young and there is a lot of patern going on there so it could end up a male we will have to see. Very pretty pearl coloring looks like a good grade. Here she is compared the the pattern on my male. But like A201 said females are still very beautiful fish and they can still grow a small hump if all care is ideal

Ravi1705

A201 said:
Looks like a very pretty Kamfa. It might be a little early for gender ID. Just an educated guess, but probably female.
Don't be bummed out if its female. I grew out a female Kamfa. She was not aggressive & was able to live in a community tank. She was very colorful as well.
Thanks a lot A201.
AggressiveAquatics said:
Looks to be a female kamfa. Just some knowledge so you know for later on red eyes are kamfa and it seems to be a female because of the pattern near the back of the top fin. But it is young and there is a lot of patern going on there so it could end up a male we will have to see. Very pretty pearl coloring looks like a good grade. Here she is compared the the pattern on my male. But like A201 said females are still very beautiful fish and they can still grow a small hump if all care is ideal
Thanks for the reply Aggressive aquatics. She is less aggressive. As you said, probably female.

Ravi1705

A201 said:
I already love her personality. Sometimes she gets lonely. How do you keep her occupied. I’m pretty concerned on “what if I get a tankmate for her and it doesn’t work out?”.

AggressiveAquatics

Ravi1705 said:
I already love her personality. Sometimes she gets lonely. How do you keep her occupied. I’m pretty concerned on “what if I get a tankmate for her and it doesn’t work out?”.
She’s not getting lonely. Some stimulation though would be hand feeding, ping pong balls and just waving at her every once and a while

Ravi1705

Hi,
Thanks for the previous replies... Could anyone tell me if this is a sign of any disease. I moved my flowerhorn to a 40 gallon breeder tank. It got a case of mild finrot which got cured in one day when I changed the water. I also a gave it a course (2days) of antibiotic (API general cure) . Now I see that a small portion is going transparent.. is this a symptom of some disease? I have ammonia and nitrite test kits which I use to check for hazardous levels of both and do water change.
Please let me know if anyone can help me identify what I’m going through.

AggressiveAquatics said:
She’s not getting lonely. Some stimulation though would be hand feeding, ping pong balls and just waving at her every once and a while
Oh yeah I do that a lot. But she used to allow me to pet her n all. But now, she has grown to 5 inches. She acts territorial, bites me if I put my hand in the tank. Sometimes she even doesn’t like me keeping my hand covering her.

AggressiveAquatics

Ravi1705 said:
Hi,
Thanks for the previous replies... Could anyone tell me if this is a sign of any disease. I moved my flowerhorn to a 40 gallon breeder tank. It got a case of mild finrot which got cured in one day when I changed the water. I also a gave it a course (2days) of antibiotic (API general cure) . Now I see that a small portion is going transparent.. is this a symptom of some disease? I have ammonia and nitrite test kits which I use to check for hazardous levels of both and do water change.
Please let me know if anyone can help me identify what I’m going through.
Doesn’t look bad just a little pinhole. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t rip because that could cause another round of finrot

Ravi1705

AggressiveAquatics said:
Doesn’t look bad just a little pinhole. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn’t rip because that could cause another round of finrot
Yeah I’ll do that. I think it’s because my tank’s cycle is not stable yet. She gets stressed at times.. is there any way to increase her immunity naturally ??

AggressiveAquatics

Ravi1705 said:
Yeah I’ll do that. I think it’s because my tank’s cycle is not stable yet. She gets stressed at times.. is there any way to increase her immunity naturally ??
Garlic is a natural immunity enhancer. Just cut up garlic and soak it in water and then soak some pellets so the pellets are garlicky

Ravi1705

AggressiveAquatics said:
Garlic is a natural immunity enhancer. Just cut up garlic and soak it in water and then soak some pellets so the pellets are garlicky
Thanks for your help

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom