Can you tell me what these aquascaping tools do.

Fishowner24

Can someone explain to me what all of the tools you get in a aquascaping kit do? Thanks!

StarGirl

The 1st L to R is a spade to move substrate.
2nd scissors to trim
3 & 4 tweezers to plant plants.
I think the scissors and tweezers are different shapes for different areas of the tank?

Betta'sAnonymous

StarGirl said:
The 1st L to R is a spade to move substrate.
2nd scissors to trim
3 & 4 tweezers to plant plants.
I think the scissors and tweezers are different shapes for different areas of the tank?
I find the scissors work good for nosehairs, too

AggressiveAquatics

I have that same kit from Amazon. I call it
Scraping thingy
Tweezers
Wanna be tweezers
Scissors

Bluejay010101

The last one seems to be better at putting plants down. I only have the curved scissord and straight tweezers. I should invest in a kit!

My hands cramp up using those tweezers, plants get stuck in the serrated material between the tweezers, planting stuff is a headache...

John58ford

The curved planting tongs are great for pulling roots under when you plant or move plants. After stuffing the roots in the substrate you can slide the tongs out sideways and it keeps everything buried better. The spade is good for smoothing things out, fanning detritus before cleaning and also for holding stuff down while you vacuum.

Mudminnow

The curved scissors come in handy when you are trimming carpeting plants--especially in deep tanks. You don't have to put your hand all the way at the bottom to trim parallel to the substrate.

Fishowner24

Mudminnow said:
The curved scissors come in handy when you are trimming carpeting plants--especially in deep tanks. You don't have to put your hand all the way at the bottom to trim parallel to the substrate.
ok thanks

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom