Can you switch back to tap after ro water

Howeller

I have had my tank running on reverse osmosis water since I set it up as I had rams that came from a softwater system so I kept them softwater. I no longer have the rams and today my ro filter broke to a point that it needs replacing.
I was wondering if anyone has ever switched from soft water back to tap water. The tank no longer has any fish that require the soft water so it doesn't seem worth buying another filter unless its needed. I'm happy to buy RO water from my lfs if it needs to be a slow switch?
My tap water does have pretty good perameters but the kh and gh are higher than my reminineralised ro.
Anyone have any opinions or experience with this sort of thing

carsonsgjs

I imagine you probably could but it would need to be a gradual change, similar to acclimating the fish in the first place.

What are the full parameters of your tank and your tap? What do you have in there at the moment stock-wise?

LowConductivity

I have had my tank running on reverse osmosis water since I set it up as I had rams that came from a softwater system so I kept them softwater. I no longer have the rams and today my ro filter broke to a point that it needs replacing.
I was wondering if anyone has ever switched from soft water back to tap water. The tank no longer has any fish that require the soft water so it doesn't seem worth buying another filter unless its needed. I'm happy to buy RO water from my lfs if it needs to be a slow switch?
My tap water does have pretty good perameters but the kh and gh are higher than my reminineralised ro.
Anyone have any opinions or experience with this sort of thing
No problem, I do it all the time. Best to go gradually, as we don't want to shock our fish.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
faydout
  • Question
Replies
Views
FishGirl38
Replies
Views
Basil