OurFirstTimeFishy

OurFirstTimeFishy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
well, they do grow to 12" long.

looks good.
I know I'm excited lol I was reading that fish who get huge tend to grow at a slower rate, in 3 months this guy went from 2 inches to around 7 inches, I must be doing something right lol

I find that when you stop growing up, you tend to grow out.. Oh right the fish, my bad
Luckily I haven't started growing out yet lol matter fact I dont think I've grown up much either lol

Fishcat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Beautiful fish. If I had room for a big tank I’d have a big pleco in it. Just love the look of them. There’s a gigantic blue-eyed panaque at my LFS, and I’m going to be very sad if they ever sell him. I think his head must be six inches across.

Coptapia

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know I'm excited lol I was reading that fish who get huge tend to grow at a slower rate, in 3 months this guy went from 2 inches to around 7 inches, I must be doing something right lol
Where on earth did you read that rubbish? Fish that grow bigger grow quicker!! Pterygoplichthys are fast growers, an inch to 1.5” per month being about normal with good water, space and plenty of high protein food.
And btw they grow to 2’ long, not 1’.

Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom