Can you rinse aquarium equipment in tap water?

FishInferno

I just finished testing my water(first time using a test kit), and it says that after I test it I should rinse the test tubes in clean water. Is it OK to rinse it in tap water as long as it completely dries before I use it next time, or will there still be chlorine left in the tubes after they dry?

Thanks!

lbonini1

Many people prefer to rinse them in distilled water but I guess you could rinse it out in tap water.

Littlebudda

I wash mine out with tap water but I always submerge them in tank water a couple of times before I do the test

FishInferno

I wash mine out with tap water but I always submerge them in tank water a couple of times before I do the test

So does that mean there is not chlorine left if you can submerge it in the tank?

Littlebudda

The tiny amount of chlorine that would be left in the few drops would not be enough to hurt anything perhaps in a very small tank but really we are talking about drops of chlorinated water in gallons of treated water. It would be like putting one drop to little of declorinator in when you do a water change

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Snarbleglarf
Replies
Views
KinsKicks
Replies
Views
devsi
Replies
Views