Can You Recommend A Silent Air Pump?

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The one I just got is sooo loud. It claimed it was silent but :I the hum is much louder than the sound of running water from all my filters.

I need to get a couple more air pumps (how many depends on what I get and how many outlet things they have) and I don't want my room to be filled with this hum if there really are some out there that are quiet.

Please help ;o;

I'm hoping for one with 4 i can use on multiple tanks (adds up to 35 gallons) and one with 2 for my 40 gallon tank. I may also need a single one for a 5 gallon but that depends on if I go through with a plan I'm debating

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
you can run an airpump to a valve manifold and do multi tanks. also, put the pump on a towel....makes the vibration minimal

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
i finally settled on a tetratec ap200. It runs 2 big air bars in a 75 gallon tank and has 2 ports but could be split off with gang valves. It is very quiet and i think i have had it now about 10 years.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
With gang valves you can control how much air goes were. With splitters it just goes to the path of least restriction.

Rtessy

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Personally I really like the tetra whisper ones, as long as they're not touching anything they're pretty darn quiet.

luckdown

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you guys!

I knew splitters were a thing but wasnt sure if they reduced quality of air flow.

I really like the sound of gang valves though :0

I was looking at tetra whisper ones before since I use their filters but I wasn't too sure about them.

I'll go try putting a towel under mine and hope that helps... Well sadly that did nothing. Nor did completely wrapping it in a towel. I actually think I made it angry ****

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom