Can you identify these three plants?

1. cjwil

cjwil Valued Member Member

Hello everyone!
    This is my first post and I come to you to see if you could help me identify these three plants. I have been looking through different profiles and have found some similar looking ones but not positive on an ID. Thank you in advance!
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407293630.805060.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407293645.654094.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407293659.497543.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. Chris99

Chris99 Well Known Member Member

I'm no expert and mainly a newbie myself. My guess is some sort of sword, val, and bacopa.

3. Redshark1

Redshark1 Well Known Member Member

I believe that's right ^^^

4. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

The second one is either corkscrew val or val spiralis... depending on locality ;) The first is likely a sword, though I don't know what kind. I have what looks like the exact same plant and was never able to accurately ID it. The third I think is a ludwigia, but it's hard to tell in that picture. Maybe look up some varieties of ludwigia and bacopa and see what fits the best.

Welcome to fishlore, by the way :)

5. DoubleDutch

DoubleDutch Fishlore Legend Member

Funny to know Vallisneria Spiralis hasn't spiral leaves hahaha !!! It's called spiralis cause of something about the flower !!!

6. OP
    OP
    cjwil

Thanks everyone! I have a 10g with these three plants as well as hornwort, java moss, and anarachis. Do you think Co2 is necessary for my tank? I only just started to do research about Co2 so I still don't know much about it honestly.

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

7. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

You don't want co2 unless you have fairly high light. Having it in a tank without appropriate lighting tends to lead to too much dissolved carbon in the water, which can do bad things to your ph.

8. OP
    OP
    cjwil

Oh okay! Thanks for the heads up...