Help Can you ID this little guy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneyTime

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi guys, this might be asking too much with the pics provided, but at my LFS in the tank with Tetras there was 1 strange little guy sticking out who I couldn't ID. I asked one of the employees (who didn't seem to know much about fish) and said it was just a feeder in there (some brutal 1.5" Tetra I guess). Anyways I got some Tetra and asked if he would snag the feeder, I was kinda attached to the fellow. Now I can't figure out what kind he is, its definitely not the guppy/goldfish feeder type. Attached are some poor pics (wish I had a real camera). He's the silver guy in the pics, has flakes of shiny blue sparkles on him and 3 black spots/vertical short stripes on his side leading to a tail marking like that of a Micky Mouse platy. Not the Tetras themselves, the skirt is what I purchased to get him and the neons were there already.

Any ideas cause I'm at a loss. Thanks soo much guys, this forum is the greatest!

Attachments

Last edited:

funkman262

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
white-skirt tetra I believe

EDIT: or maybe you meant the other guy...considering the markings, he probably is a mickey-mouse platy as you said. I can't think of any other fish with those markings.

Last edited:
OP
T

ToneyTime

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
maybe it is just a Micky Mouse Platy, I have never seen one in silver before though. Its not the tetras in the pics, the other guy

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello TonyTime and Welcome to Fish Lore.

I've moved your thread to the Fish ID Help section of the forum.
I hope you enjoy the site!
Thanks!
Ken

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It definitely looks like a type of platy to me.

On Liveaquaria.com, I've seen platies (coloring like yours, but differently shaped) sold as feeders, so maybe that's how he ended up in the tank.

I hope this helps.

OP
T

ToneyTime

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thanks guys, Salt/Pepper Platy solves the great mystery, apparently he is a feeder after all but he is gonna live a full (hopefully) and happy life instead now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom