Can you ID my cory?

whyvonwhy
Hello friends, I have 3 juliI cories, or so I thought. I originally purchased three large ones at one LPS because it was all they had. One died before we got home, I think he was injured because he got stuck in the net at the store. So then I went to other LPS and purchased 3 very small juliI cories. 2 of those died very soon. The 3 that are left even though different sizes school together. I noticed the small one looked different with large spots than the older ones but I thought it was because he was a baby. Now he has grown significantly the pattern is the same. Is it a juliI or not? I googled julii, false julii, leopard, pepper but none look like by baby. The top pic is the mystery cory and I'm pretty sure the bottom is a true julii. If they are different I would like to get a different cory that is better able to adapt to our local water which has a high pH but I was worried they wouldn't school. ZZ Top (my band of cories) definetaly school together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 180

Advertisement
FishieFishie
Kinda looks like Corydoras agassizii, but I'm no expert. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can tell you what kind of Cory cat you have.

Advertisement
whyvonwhy
That looks exactly like mine! I haven't heard of a spotted cory and he wasn't sold as such. Thank you, I think your right! So does that mean that different cories will school together?

FishieFishie
My juliI Corys and bronze Corys hang out together, so they may.

Kuddos 2 U
it looks like a peppered cory, but i'm pretty sure its a spotted one

endlerfan
We have 3 spotted...he looks like them. Actually after taking a closer look at the spots....yours is more uniformed...ours have spots that are kind of all over...and the spots are bigger on ours too...sorry for the mis-info

Advertisement

Meeps83
https://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=309

I have a bunch of these and they all look slightly different.

whyvonwhy
https://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/species.php?species_id=309

I have a bunch of these and they all look slightly different.

I really think this is him. He even has that black band coloring on the face. His spots are pretty big a defined, even more so as he has grown.

whyvonwhy
Here's a picture of his tail, I think you guys nailed it, spotted cory for sure!
image.jpg

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Amazoniantanklvr
Replies
Views
corydydor
Replies
Views
DoubleDutch
Replies