Can you be censored?

1. Crissandra331 Member Member

I think I'm going crazy. Can you be censored on here? On another thread I was somewhat on a rant about a certain tank stand as it has been causing me A LOT of greif,

Then later went to reply to that post and tried to express that it had negative effects on my life. That word showed up blank on my post, tried to edit it a few times, gave up.

Like I said above could be losing it...maybe I have crumbs in my keyboard? Hmm.

Update: Not losing it :)

2. 1971roadrunner Well Known Member Member

Yes you are Cris :)! The forum has a program that disables your foul words out and the mod's (big brother/sister) watch too. Maybe they're watching you through the camera on your computer too- never know?

3. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Most words are automatically censored on the forum.

It is against forum rules to use curse words, initials for curse words, symbols in place of curse letter/words and any other way people try to get around them such as the example used in the first post (hockey sticks)

We consider the above and any automatically censored words as a breach of FishLore Forum Rules

We strive to keep the forum family friendly and expect the members do so as well.

Thank you :)

4. Crissandra331 Member Member

Is that true?!? Really? The last week I feel like everything fish related has been picking on me, now on here too??? My words were somewhat negative but used a in a somewhat non-negative way.. Guess this will be the time for me to broaden my vocabulary to better express myself ;) Though I am really going to miss using the other word for 'poop' :(

& you know I have the oldest electronics, my laptop weighs about as much as me so HOPEFULLY no camera or spies! I saw a news segment about stuff like that AND I am super happy I don't have a smart phone and have just recently got back into tv & internet.

:;banaman
    Lucy
    Thank you totally understandable pesky habit will be broken ;)

5. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

You're welcome :)

I have a sticker over my cam.
    It kind of creeps me out, just sitting there staring at me,

6. Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

:;eye <==== Your Camera

We cant reveal all our secrets.... ;)
    Lucy, shhh.... Next, we'll get asked to borrow the fishlore boat!

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

:giggle:

8. endlercollector Fishlore VIP Member

I actually appreciate the censorship these days. I have had the weirdest problems with speech recognition, and I have to proofread my emails and posts to other sites endlessly. There'll be stretches of gobbledygook and some outrageous Anglo-Saxon usage. It really cramps my style :p