Can y’all tell me if this Molly is pregnant

meganwelch82

Been watching her since December 1 and I’m thinking she is pregnant but I’m new to this please help

Demeter

If she's been with a male then yes likely pregnant. Not anywhere near giving birth though, she is rather thin yet. They will get very plump and their belly will become more squared off rather than rounded when they are close to dropping fry.

I see your water looks pretty cloudy though, may want to get on top of that. Cloudy water can mean bad water quality. I'd test for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate just in case then do a water change. If you are not familiar with the aquarium nitrogen cycle then you should read up on that too. It explains how to keep water quality ideal which in turn keeps the fish happy and healthy.

meganwelch82

If she's been with a male then yes likely pregnant. Not anywhere near giving birth though, she is rather thin yet. They will get very plump and their belly will become more squared off rather than rounded when they are close to dropping fry.

I see your water looks pretty cloudy though, may want to get on top of that. Cloudy water can mean bad water quality. I'd test for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate just in case then do a water change. If you are not familiar with the aquarium nitrogen cycle then you should read up on that too. It explains how to keep water quality ideal which in turn keeps the fish happy and healthy.
My tank is fine they are currently being treated for bacteria infections that’s why the tank is cloudy

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
10 Gallon Tank Pregnant Molly?
Replies
Views
Ashlyn1620
  • Question
Replies
Views
Ashlyn1620
  • Question
  • Amylauren96