Can we appreciate this tank?

CaptainAquatics

Hi all! So one of my smallest tanks (a 15 gallon fluval flex) has seriously become one of my favorites. I have never really been in the planted tank game and anytime I had ever tried plants they would always fail (even managed to kill duckweed somehow). Anyway with this tank I knew I want to do plants. That tank would be for my puffer (who has since passed ) but I have plants to get another at some point. For the moment it just housed some shrimp, 3 Pygmy cories (I want to get more but can’t cause of you know what), a farrowella catfish (I know a little bug but he loves the wood and plants), two ottos (same deal with them as with the cories), and a TON of MT Snails and Pond snails (I am purposely letting their population get out of control so they can be a source of food for the new puffer). Anyway I just wanted to make a post showing when the tank was first started V.S where it is now (this tank has been running since Christmas). Anyway:

Christmas 2019:
You must be registered to see images

Today:

The first photo of “now” is from the front and the second is it from the side. Plants include water spangles (floating), two amazon swords, Monte Carlo, and sagiterria. I only Bought one amazon sword but it propagated itself, dame thing with the sagiterria. The Monte Carlo hasn’t really done well so far, I am hoping to save it though. It’s not fully grown in to the point where I am regularly trimming but I have been having to control where the sagiterria goes, I do regret putting that sword right up front but when I got it, it was so small and didn’t expect it to grow this big this fast, I have ideas for a rescape but I’m not doing it until I move (when I will have to drain the tank anyway) in fear of messing up what I have going. I just love watching all the little fish swim around the plants and it looks so different compared to my other tanks (however I have been starting to spread around trimmings from the sag and spangles to other tanks). I don’t know why I made this post I just am so exited I am getting such good results!

EDIT: Any idea on how to uproot the big sword whenever I do decide to rescape? I really don’t want to kill it!

EDIT 2: I promise last edit! I just want to mention that the empty space up front to the left is where I am trying to get the Monte Carlo going, and the somewhat empty space in back right is the second sword (which is still much smaller).

StarGirl

I have a sword in my 5 and I love it!

Charlie’s Dad

I can say yes .....appreciated! Your doing a good job in my opinion. Keep up the good work friend!

idkausernamesoyeah

Hi all! So one of my smallest tanks (a 15 gallon fluval flex) has seriously become one of my favorites. I have never really been in the planted tank game and anytime I had ever tried plants they would always fail (even managed to kill duckweed somehow). Anyway with this tank I knew I want to do plants. That tank would be for my puffer (who has since passed ) but I have plants to get another at some point. For the moment it just housed some shrimp, 3 Pygmy cories (I want to get more but can’t cause of you know what), a farrowella catfish (I know a little bug but he loves the wood and plants), two ottos (same deal with them as with the cories), and a TON of MT Snails and Pond snails (I am purposely letting their population get out of control so they can be a source of food for the new puffer). Anyway I just wanted to make a post showing when the tank was first started V.S where it is now (this tank has been running since Christmas). Anyway:

Christmas 2019:

Today:

The first photo of “now” is from the front and the second is it from the side. Plants include water spangles (floating), two amazon swords, Monte Carlo, and sagiterria. I only Bought one amazon sword but it propagated itself, dame thing with the sagiterria. The Monte Carlo hasn’t really done well so far, I am hoping to save it though. It’s not fully grown in to the point where I am regularly trimming but I have been having to control where the sagiterria goes, I do regret putting that sword right up front but when I got it, it was so small and didn’t expect it to grow this big this fast, I have ideas for a rescape but I’m not doing it until I move (when I will have to drain the tank anyway) in fear of messing up what I have going. I just love watching all the little fish swim around the plants and it looks so different compared to my other tanks (however I have been starting to spread around trimmings from the sag and spangles to other tanks). I don’t know why I made this post I just am so exited I am getting such good results!

EDIT: Any idea on how to uproot the big sword whenever I do decide to rescape? I really don’t want to kill it!

EDIT 2: I promise last edit! I just want to mention that the empty space up front to the left is where I am trying to get the Monte Carlo going, and the somewhat empty space in back right is the second sword (which is still much smaller).
duckweed probably died from high water flow they need very still water same thing happened to me. tank looks great!! i wish i could do stuff like this haha

Kitley

awww...so happy and his lil feet are so cute!

Kitley

oops....sorry replying to an email and not sure how it ended up here...lol

CaptainAquatics

oops....sorry replying to an email and not sure how it ended up here...lol

I want to know what you were replying to, lol!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
WetRootsNH
Replies
Views
F1avor
Replies
Views
coleh11
Replies
Views