Can This Support My Plants

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by matija, Apr 21, 2018.

1. matijaValued MemberMember

I have anubias and some kind of moss and i dont know if this light would grow my plants.it is heat bulb 35 watts 400 lm led lamp 1524341267261-848591662.jpg

2. FreshestFreshwater

FreshestFreshwaterValued MemberMember

It’s hard to figure out whether a bulb is good without information on the Kelvin scale and height of tank. However, Anubis and moss are both VERY hardy plants barely need much light at all. Often your stock lights would be enough to suffice.

3. dwarfpufferlover

dwarfpufferloverWell Known MemberMember

Should be fine, both are low light.

4. OP
    OP
    m

matijaValued MemberMember

And kan it keep water hyacinth

It is 5-10 cm from light and 6 kelvin

I mean 3000 kelvins sorry

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2018
  5. Ulu

UluWell Known MemberMember

At 5 cm it would deliver FOUR TIMES as much light on your plants than at 10 centimeters so do not think that is a trivial difference in the matter.

The closer you get the light to the plant the faster it will grow, and of course with four times as much light you can certainly expect faster growth.

This is usually a bigger factor than which light bulbs you have chosen.

I have grown some plants 2cm per day with ordinary fluorescent light simply by keeping the light 3cm from the plants at all times.

6. OP
    OP
    m

matijaValued MemberMember

7. Ulu

I've never grown hyacinth so I can't say for certain. But you will have a better chance if you get the lights closer.

8. Ulu

By the way I was running 130 watts of light on my 10gal experimental grow tank, and it was just the right amount of light for fast plant growth but it was too much light on the fish. They hid from it constantly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice