Can This Eel Live With Severums

Nikki2577

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello,
I have had this eel since he was a baby, he is now around a foot long and around 2” tall. So I have been told since he has no scales to protect him he shouldn’t go into my 210 gallon tank. He lived with all the fish that are in the 210 gallon except I got two green terrors who seem to keep to themselves, 3 blood parrots cichlids and one adult Severum who is scared of worms(I tried to feed him one and he got scared) lol This eel seems to be getting larger and I know he would love more space. He is also picking on the other eel I have that I believe is a half banded eel and has stayed smaller. I got them at the same time. So what does everyone think?
Thank you in advance for the help)
IMG_0696.jpg

Mick Frost

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Its gonna all boil down to your individual fish. If you had nothing but Auratus in that tank theres always the chance that one of them is gonna be brave/stupid. Do it when you can devote a whole day to it, and rearrange the tank every time you see agressive behavior, as this erases any territorial claims they may have. If theyre still confrontational by the end of the day, at least youll know.

Nikki2577

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thank you so much I will give it a go today and see how it works out. I will watch him all day and see how the interactions are.

Nikki2577

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Well he has been in for 5 hours now and none of my other fish seem to care he is in there. I am still watching to see if anything changes. Thank you guys for the help

Nikki2577

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Just an update, the eel is doing great with the other fish and is extremely happy in his large living area. The success may be all the caves and hiding spots we made for him but when it’s dinner time he begs like all the others. I actually think he has gotten larger!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom