Can this dresser hold 2 20 gallon tanks?

joshuaby6

I have this dresser it’s 59 inches long, 17.5 inches wide and 35 inches tall. I have 2 20 gallon tanks one of which has about 30 pounds of substrate plus rocks, along with the usual heater, lights and filter, . I have another 20 gallon that won’t have any substrate but will have a few plecos caves and some pieces of drift wood. I’m kind nervous of filling the other tank all the way because I don’t know if this dresser can stand it.
If anybody can shed some light on it I would appreciate it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 11

Cawafuoshi

Far from being an expert or experienced enough, but it looks like your left tank does not sit flush atop the dresser perhaps due to the weight already and the wood giving way? Common sense would tell me not to proceed. Maybe it could be reinforced.

joshuaby6

No it’s because one side of the tank is propped up to make it level

dcutl002

The only problem that I see is that the dresser has no support in the middle. How sturdy is the wood? It would be a shame if you came home and had to swim around the house.

Cara

Water weighs about 8.3 lbs per gallon. a 20 gal tank of water is 160+ lbs. X2 tanks....320+ lbs. With stuff in it your looking at a lot of weight.

Plus what's the dresser made of and how old. ‍♀
And why do you need to prop the tank to make it level? Is the dresser not level?

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
BGKFan
Replies
Views
Momgoose56
Replies
Views
Donthemon
Replies
Views