can they get along

1. Bdublin Initiate Member

i got 2 mollies 2 bala sharks 2 ghost fish a suckerfish and a zebra diano in a 55 gallon tank is this a good idea

2. Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Hello Bdublin and Welcome to Fish Lore. I hope you can share some photos of your tank and fish with us sometime. Lots of friendly people here and tons of great information.

The only problem I see may be with your Bala Sharks down the road. I'm afraid they will outgrow your 55g tank. Too, I've read that should they be startled (when larger) they can even break the aquarium glass should they run into it.

I'm sure you'll get some more responses before long.

Hope you enjoy the site!
    Ken

3. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

If you got the 2 mollies you could have to get the same gender of fish because the male will harrass the female to death. I do not know what you mean by ghost fish, is it's ghost knife fish or is it a glass catfish. What do you mean by suckerfish? Do you mean a Chinese algae eater? Or a pleco? Or a otoliptus catfish? The single zebra danio would not work, you need atleast 5 of them for them to feel safe, if they dont feel safe then they will nip all the other fishes fins