Can the marbling gene start on the head and this late?

Idkitsathrowaway

my betta is abought a year and 3/4ish old, i say this because he was physically bigger that the ones at PetSmart(i got him from a lfs that got a shipment from a local breeder a few days earler), when i got him he eseally looked a over a year old and so did all the others, super well developed and they were full sized) and they are usually around a year old. hes blue with red ends on his crown tail. im keeping an eye on it cause its really odd. he has no scales on his face never had but suddenly its turning whiteish one one side of his head. it kinda looks like a fungus but isnt raised irritated or anything. hes also acting fine, as silly and social as ever, my old bettas all had the marbling gene(except my first betta) and every time it started with the finns i do know it can start on the body but im still concerned. i checked his water its fine(im doing a large squeduled water change tomarow) but i did notice there was ammonia(the tanks been cycled for months) and the ph was up to 7.2, usually 6.8.

grac3

any pictures? if he's acting and eating normal, i wouldn't worry

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

im on a computer so i cant post photos, im moving and my mom put my phone in a box and idk where its at rn.

and yes it proboly not anything serious cause hes a chipper as a chipmunk, but its good to double check

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
10 Gallon Tank Betta head down tail up
Replies
Views
Rose of Sharon
  • Question
Replies
Views
philly27
Replies