Can somone tell if these are eggs

1. cody1250x

cody1250x Valued Member Member

I have a java fern with what looks like eggs on 3 of the leaves I want to leave a pic and what kind of fish in hopes maby somone could say what fish it was. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Fish: bristle nose pleco, rummy nose tetra, neon tetras, and ottocinclus the rest are live bearers so I know its none of them.

2. OP
    OP
    cody1250x

[​IMG] uploadfromtaptalk1407188175956.jpg

3. Kindafishy

Kindafishy Well Known Member Member

I believe those are how the fern reproduces. Much in the same way that terrestrial ferns reproduce.

4. OP
    OP
    cody1250x

Well iv had thes ferns for years and never seen this. It usualy reproduces by little plants just growing off the older leaves. If it is how they reproduce thats new to me

5. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

I can only see what may be eggs in one of the pics, can you get a clearer one?
    If they are eggs I'd suspect the Oto's as they tend to stick eggs on leaves as well as glass

6. junebug

junebug Fishlore Legend Member

Do you have any snails in the tank?

7. hollie1505

hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

Mine have done that since being in the Goldfish tank. I think it is the ferns, well in my case it is the ferns at least!xx

8. OP
    OP
    cody1250x

Since more than one of you thinks its the ferns im just going to assume it's just that. And I will try to post more pictures when I get the chance

9. hollie1505

Here's mine. You can see the brown spots, then they turn into green nubs and grow brown roots.x
    WP_20140805_016.jpg

10. OP
    OP
    cody1250x

Ok yea I think that is it. Thanks for that pic hollie. And thanks to the rest of u also. Hears more pics I said id take[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Coradee

I wasn't looking at the brown spots on the leaves, I thought you meant these 3 whitish spots, this is your pic btw I just cropped it to show the white dots, hope you don't mind
    [​IMG]

12. hollie1505

Oooh I didn't notice them! Sorry I thought you were referring to the brown spots!xx

13. OP
    OP
    cody1250x

Yeaa lol see y I was confused. Iv seen brown spots before but these look like little bumps sticking up off the leaves

14. OP
    OP
    cody1250x

Not at all. The white spots in the pic Im thinking is just bubbles from pearling. Im going to look up what the otto and pleco eggs look like n see if I can figure this out. I wouldnt mind having babies as I like trading some of the babies for other plants or fish

15. hollie1505

The brown bumps are the Java fern. They have spots that slowly bulge out then turn into little nubs, then grow roots and leaves.xx

16. Coradee

These are Oto eggs for comparison

[​IMG]

17. OP
    OP
    cody1250x

Yea I dnt think its eggs any more eggs would b lighter colored I think.

18. Harlebleondora

Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

Wow! You got your otos to breed coradee? Isn't that insanely hard?

19. Coradee

It's supposed to be but mine did it all by themselves, they've spawned a few times now I have around 30 fry of different ages.

[​IMG]

20. Harlebleondora

Harlebleondora Well Known Member Member

Lucky! Nice photo, I love seeing fish babies. :D