Can someone tell me what type of goldies i have please? :)

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by lala29, Aug 4, 2014.

1. lala29

lala29Well Known MemberMember

Hey!

So these are my two babies, theyre both 5 years old :)

I was gold that the gold one (Goldie) was a ryukin and the white one (nipper) is a fantail.

The reason i ask is because theyre in a 29 gallon tank with cherry barbs and neon tetras. Theyre placid as anything and very comical... I just want to know theyre breed! :)

Thankyou in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Rivieraneo

RivieraneoModeratorModerator Member

Both look like fantails to me :) cuties

3. Coradee

CoradeeModeratorModerator Member

The gold one looks like a Ryukin to me, I had one that looked just the same years ago.

4. HappyKnitter

HappyKnitterValued MemberMember

I agree with Coradee the bottom picture look like a Ryukin it has a cute little hump. The other one is fantail .

5. hollie1505

hollie1505Well Known MemberMember

The first one does have an Oranda face though. I have a similar one who has an Oranda face and wen with a fantail body, I call her an Oranda Fantail :) and I'd say the first one is definitely Ryukin.

Here's my "Oranda fantail" for comparison;

WP_20140704_012 (2).jpg

I have heard that if they are a mix they are usually sold as Fantails as they don't meet the requirements to be sold as an Oranda, but I think your fantail definitely has some Oranda genes :)

6. OP
    OP
    lala29

lala29Well Known MemberMember

Thanks guys :) im still kind of in the middle with the ryukin as im not sure the lump is the ryukin type or whether its like a deformation haha!

I agree, the fantail does look like a oranda fantail! A lot like the picture of the one shown :) i have to say in the light he does have a very yellow head...

7. Fishboy123

Fishboy123Valued MemberMember

Not an expert but the gold one looks like a ryunkin and the top one looks like a fantail

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

8. Rivieraneo

RivieraneoModeratorModerator Member

Looking at the pictures on my computer, both look to be a cross between both ryu and fan tail.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice