Can someone tell me what type of goldies i have please? :)

1. lala29

lala29 Well Known Member Member

Hey!

So these are my two babies, theyre both 5 years old :)

I was gold that the gold one (Goldie) was a ryukin and the white one (nipper) is a fantail.

The reason i ask is because theyre in a 29 gallon tank with cherry barbs and neon tetras. Theyre placid as anything and very comical... I just want to know theyre breed! :)

Thankyou in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Both look like fantails to me :) cuties

3. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

The gold one looks like a Ryukin to me, I had one that looked just the same years ago.

4. HappyKnitter

HappyKnitter Valued Member Member

I agree with Coradee the bottom picture look like a Ryukin it has a cute little hump. The other one is fantail .

5. hollie1505

hollie1505 Well Known Member Member

The first one does have an Oranda face though. I have a similar one who has an Oranda face and wen with a fantail body, I call her an Oranda Fantail :) and I'd say the first one is definitely Ryukin.

Here's my "Oranda fantail" for comparison;

WP_20140704_012 (2).jpg

I have heard that if they are a mix they are usually sold as Fantails as they don't meet the requirements to be sold as an Oranda, but I think your fantail definitely has some Oranda genes :)

6. OP
    OP
    lala29

lala29 Well Known Member Member

Thanks guys :) im still kind of in the middle with the ryukin as im not sure the lump is the ryukin type or whether its like a deformation haha!

I agree, the fantail does look like a oranda fantail! A lot like the picture of the one shown :) i have to say in the light he does have a very yellow head...

7. Fishboy123

Fishboy123 Valued Member Member

Not an expert but the gold one looks like a ryunkin and the top one looks like a fantail

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

8. Rivieraneo

Rivieraneo Moderator Moderator Member

Looking at the pictures on my computer, both look to be a cross between both ryu and fan tail.