Can someone tell me what kind of betta is this?

AcuarioAmazonico

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I know nothing as much as anyone on here - but I would have thought closer to half moon or even garden standard variety betta than a Crowntail?

could it be a hybrid of two styles?

SaberKillerWystan

Valued Member
Reaction score
Could be

I mean the imbellis is a half moon plakat fin style but the colouration looks like an imbellis, if you search it up it will appear with the same colour

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
SaberKillerWystan said:
Could be

I mean the imbellis is a half moon plakat fin style but the colouration looks like an imbellis, if you search it up it will appear with the same colour
Its not imbellis. Thats another species of betta, which usually marked with being rarer to find, more expensive and usually males dont have longer finnage.

Honestly, the betta looks like a halfmoon or deltatail thats suffered from finrot (or suffering). This is characterized by the caudal fin being ragged, and also the black banding thats localized to the ragged areas.

To confirm tail type, get him to flair. (Looks like a delta tail to me)

As for colouration, its considered a bicolour.

emeraldking

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I don't really get the idea that this male has suffered from fin rot. Despite of the black edges on the caudal. There are specimens that just develop those black edges. There also black edged to be seen on the other fins. I've seen more like these that just developed this way. To me it's more a not well developed (and it's not going to be) crowntail. But still a nice looking one though...

aussieJJDude

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
emeraldking said:
I don't really get the idea that this male has suffered from fin rot. Despite of the black edges on the caudal. There are specimens that just develop those black edges. There also black edged to be seen on the other fins. I've seen more like these that just developed this way. To me it's more a not well developed (and it's not going to be) crowntail. But still a nice looking one though...
I get what your saying, but the bettas that develop black markings on the edges, it tends to be uniformed and usually - not always - occurs throughout all the finnage.

The finrot can also explain the caudal being so ragged, compared to the other fins. For me, the other fin rays tend not to be as nom-uniformed as the caudal... From my knowledge, finnage uniformity tends to occur throughout the entire fish...

But I do get what you're saying.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom