Can Someone Tell Me What Cichlids I Have

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by TySabol, Apr 11, 2017.

1. TySabol

TySabol Valued Member Member

IMG_0845.JPG

I know the two are parrot cichlids but I think the pink and purple is a peacock but I might be wrong.

IMG_0898.JPG

I know the blue one is a demasoni but not sure about the orange one.

IMG_0843.JPG

Another pic of the orange one with I believe a jack Dempsey behind it.

2. cjbart1009

cjbart1009 Valued Member Member

Looks like an albino peacock but I can't be too sure. Haven't really kept much Africans.

Also I hope that they're only in that tank temporarily. I wouldn't mix CA's with African cichlids

3. OP
    OP
    TySabol

Unfortunately they were the first fish I ever bought and I didn't know much back then or else I wouldn't have mixed them. Ive never seen aggression between any of them but I think this may be from them all growing up right since they were babies. I also have lots of caves and rocks from them to hide so I think this helps.

Now that they gotten bigger I bought a 75 to move them to and I'm trying to figure out exactly what I have to try to make the water parameters as best as I can to cater to all of them.

4. cjbart1009

cjbart1009 Valued Member Member

Lookup albino aulonocara baenschi but I could be wrong. I tried looking them up but there's just so many.

5. OP
    OP
    TySabol

It's looks identical with the shape of its body to the pink one just not as big, this guy seemed to stop growing while the pink became huge over time. But I've been looking to I believe theyre both peacocks.

6. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

The big one is an OB Peacock, which is a hybrid between a Peacock and an Mbuna, which tends to make them rather aggressive. The albino is likely also bred from the OB hybrid lines, as that was bred into them to enhance certain colors.

7. OP
    OP
    TySabol

Is their a reason why one is growing a lot bigger then the other ?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice