Can someone please help me identify this larvae in my house?

JustAFishServant

Hey all! So, I've been spotting these small caterpillar-like scaled larvae occasionally crawling around on our walls. My family and I live in Colorado, so I was quite surprised to see these small "bugs", since we do not get cockroaches, mosquitos, fleas, mites, or many other pests. Just hoping someone can help us identify what these strange creatures are! Hopefully the pics I took are good enough. Thanks all :)
IMG_20200517_160753.jpgIMG_20200517_160800.jpgIMG_20200517_160818.jpg

Best Answer - View Feohw's answer
OP
JustAFishServant

JustAFishServant

Feohw said:
Carpet beetle larvae.
Thank you! I did a bit of research and noticed that they're considered pests? I saw that they eat a lot of different things in your house? Do you know if there's a most effective, pet (and especially aquarium) safe way to get rid of these guys? Our house is huge and we rarely use the bottom floor, so what will we have to do? Thank you very much :)

Feohw

Fishlore VIP
There's some tips . You can try some of these.

Generally, it's a good idea to give the area(s) you found them in a good vacuum. Look at clothing that may not be worn too often to see if they are infesting them. Give them a good wash too if so. Vacuuming those areas they turn up often tends to have good effects.

FinalFins

Fishlore VIP
I had a bunch of those in the sofa we used to have.. they are disgusting and freak me out :vomit:

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom