Can someone please answer this question?????

YellowGuppy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Buy / Sell / Trade / Free is the acronym, but I have no clue what the specific "issues" might be. Sounds deliberately ambiguous to me!

CaptAndrews

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
neverenoughgallons said:
what is: B/S/T/F issues?
Just so you know, the B/T/S/F section is for members that have a minimum of 50 posts. If you are having issues using it, it could be that you aren't yet able to use it having only 18 posts.

OP
N

neverenoughgallons

Reaction score
YellowGuppy said:
Buy / Sell / Trade / Free is the acronym, but I have no clue what the specific "issues" might be. Sounds deliberately ambiguous to me!
oh. yeah that makes scene. thank you!

CaptAndrews

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
neverenoughgallons said:
oh. yeah that makes scene. thank you!
It's only to weed out those who would only show up only for that section or would spam it. It tooks me a few weeks to get enough posts. Also, 50 posts also allows you to Private/Direct message (PM) other members. So you can look forward to that too.

YellowGuppy

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Spoiler alert: the BSTF section might be useless, depending on where you live. The Canadian section hasn't seen a new post since July, and that's on the opposite end of the country from where I am. Your results may vary.

CaptAndrews

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
YellowGuppy said:
Spoiler alert: the BSTF section might be useless, depending on where you live. The Canadian section hasn't seen a new post since July, and that's on the opposite end of the country from where I am. Your results may vary.
To bad FL can't take over other forums to increase the traffic there. More activity there would be nice but I was just thinking the other day how great this site is. I see very little to no drama/issues because everyone here is here for the purpose of sharing info/helping/fellowship with other keeps. It's great, but absorbing other forums would probably ruin it.

DuaneV

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Part of the problem in the BST forum is legalities. There are SOOOOO many laws varying not only from country to country but also state to state. Im in Maine and our laws vary GREATLY from our neighbors in New Hampshire.

Also, buying is especially tricky. You have to take someone's word over the internet whom you've never met (probably). Ive NEVER bought a fish off the internet and only a few times from VERY specific members have I purchased plants.

OP
N

neverenoughgallons

Reaction score
DuaneV said:
Part of the problem in the BST forum is legalities. There are SOOOOO many laws varying not only from country to country but also state to state. Im in Maine and our laws vary GREATLY from our neighbors in New Hampshire.

Also, buying is especially tricky. You have to take someone's word over the internet whom you've never met (probably). Ive NEVER bought a fish off the internet and only a few times from VERY specific members have I purchased plants.
yeah but equipment is niced to get a good deal on

GuppyDazzle

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
DuaneV said:

It's true that you can't see the fish and kick the tires over the internet, and that's a negative, but it's accompanied by a real-time ratings system on most sales sites that you're not going to get walking into a fish store. I'll bet I've ordered fish a dozen times over the internet, usually spending over a hundred bucks when you add shipping, and I've never received any fish that I didn't think was spectacular. Of course there will be exceptions, but if you have someone with a ton of ratings scoring 98% positive reviews, you're almost certain to get your money's worth. It's not like those people with a 98% rating always ship perfect fish and everything goes perfectly, they have that kind of rating because when there is a problem they take care of it and make the customer happy.

I contend that buying online from a breeder who has a high satisfaction rating is going to be even more reliable than walking into an LFS and picking fish out yourself.

aoiumi

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
CaptAndrews said:
It tooks me a few weeks to get enough posts.
I think it took me like two days lol. Depends on how much time you spend on here. If you're spending a lot of time on here and already know some stuff about fish the posts will just fly by.

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
The Issue part of that was a nice way of saying there was a violation of the b/s/t rules.

DuaneV

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
GuppyDazzle said:
I contend that buying online from a breeder who has a high satisfaction rating is going to be even more reliable than walking into an LFS and picking fish out yourself.
Could be but Ill stick with the old school way, support local business and pick out the exact fish I want. Never had a single problem doing it that way and Ive never once wondered if buying over the internet could be as good. ;)

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom