Can someone ID those eggs please.

Ellebrius

Could those eggs be Paleatus or Panda Cory eggs? Or are they some kind of snail eggs?
I included a picture of my aquarium so you can see the location of the eggs, bottom left corner on front and side glass. You will see driftwood in there where my Nerites lay their eggs. I also have a few mystery snails and of course pest snails. My fish stock is 3 female pearl gouramis and two female Bolivians. I also have 8 rummynose tetras and the corys. If they are snail eggs I will quickly wipe them off the glass but if they are Cory eggs I will leave them there and see what happens, I have a lot of vegetation or they could be moved to my quarantine tank.

Attachments

• DAFCDAC1-802E-47BE-8A09-C17170B0E58C.jpeg
    DAFCDAC1-802E-47BE-8A09-C17170B0E58C.jpeg
    167 KB · Views: 11
  • 292C855A-7884-4904-AA23-46B2CD78C39F.jpeg
    292C855A-7884-4904-AA23-46B2CD78C39F.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 770F00D5-8F10-4CDE-8A15-D7C314E58817.jpeg
    770F00D5-8F10-4CDE-8A15-D7C314E58817.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 11

mattgirl

they are cory eggs. Look around and you may find more stuck to plant leaves. If you want them to hatch you will have to put them into some kind of hatchery. Your fish, including the one that laid them will eat all they find. If you find some on a leaf break the leaf off and put it in the hatchery.

Your QT might be perfect for this. I have found I lose fewer eggs if i never expose the eggs to the air. If you find some stuck to a leaf, clip the leaf and put it in a container you have held under water. Move the container filled with leaf and water over to the QT.

Ellebrius

Thank you! How exciting,I’m going to be a mommy!
Now that I know what they are I will do the research and find out the best way to set up a hatchery. If I need help, have questions I will be back.
Thank you Mattgirl.

mattgirl

I added a bit more to my original post that might help you out. :)

Ellebrius

Good info, will do. My tank is not cycled but I have a spare sponge filter in my big tank for that purpose. What about heat? My big tank is at 77F same for the eggs? And how long before they hatch, if they do hatch?

kallililly1973

That temperature should be fine. Definitely move your sponge filter to the egg tank your going to use. You will see wigglers in about 3-5 days

mattgirl

Good info, will do. My tank is not cycled but I have a spare sponge filter in my big tank for that purpose. What about heat? My big tank is at 77F same for the eggs? And how long before they hatch, if they do hatch?
Moving the seeded sponge filter should take care of the cycle in the QT. Yes, same temp for the eggs. Eggs should hatch within 3 or 4 days.

Ellebrius

Thank you very much both of you, I will follow your advice and hope for the best!:)

mattgirl

Keep in mind, when they hatch they are going to be super tiny so may be difficult to see. Hopefully you will find some eggs on a leaf. If not you can gently scrape the eggs off the glass. I tend to have fewer hatch if i scrape them. When I find them on a leaf almost all of them hatch.

If I was hatching them in a tank instead of a hatchery I would put them in some kind of low sided dish placed on the bottom of the tank. It will be much easier to see them ff they are contained to begin with.

Ellebrius

Good to know, thanks.
My tank is 23” deep so I will go put on my diving suit and go look fo eggs on a leaf. :D

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom