Can Someone ID This Type of Hillstream Loach?

Zach72202

Hello, I bought this as a 'Hong Kong Loach' as I have been looking for reticulated hillstream loaches, and this looked similar, but I realize it is not the same. The biggest difference is that it has a mouth like a rubber lip pleco. I will attach images of his top and bottom. Thank you for reading!
P.S. He is currently in QT and there is little to no algae in there so I believe I will be feeding him blanched cucumber.

Attachments

AcornTheBetta

Zach72202 said:
Hello, I bought this as a 'Hong Kong Loach' as I have been looking for reticulated hillstream loaches, and this looked similar, but I realize it is not the same. The biggest difference is that it has a mouth like a rubber lip pleco. I will attach images of his top and bottom. Thank you for reading!
P.S. He is currently in QT and there is little to no algae in there so I believe I will be feeding him blanched cucumber.
I think it might be a borneo loach. They come in a spotted pattern and are that small.

Zach72202

Yess! Thank you! I googled that name and I came up with the name of it and the scientific name!
It is the 'Spotted Hillstream Loach' - Gastromyzon Punctulatus

Top Bottom