Rohit C

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
IMG_5657.jpg
Image1525630926.721156.jpg

My betta seems to love it like this .
Just been a week since I got it and has since grown roots like crazy from everywhere.

CraniumRex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That is water wisteria, I believe.

You can float it, plant it (use root tabs), trim it! Great fast grower. The new leaves will likely all come in pinnate (the skinnier leaves).

Don't be alarmed if the old leaves die off. You can cut off the tops, float them or plant them.

Rohit C

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
CraniumRex said:
That is water wisteria, I believe.

You can float it, plant it (use root tabs), trim it! Great fast grower. The new leaves will likely all come in pinnate (the skinnier leaves).

Don't be alarmed if the old leaves die off. You can cut off the tops, float them or plant them.
Great! Thanks a lot .
So I can leave it like this?
Because he seems to really enjoy going through the all the plants, kind of like his thing now and when I bought it my plan was to plant them as separate plants .
Thanks for your help!

CraniumRex

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
My betts love their live plants too - great to hear your guy likes them.

Not sure I'd leave them all bunched up like that - they will appreciate some space and water flow - butI saw you don't have substrate in your tank. If you want to stay bare bottom you could always pick up some of those tiny terra cotta pots from like Walmart and bury them in some gravel you put in the pot. If you do plant, you can separate them out and, with enough light, you'll soon have more than you know what to do with!

Anywhere there is a new root coming off you can snip just below it and plant several pieces as well. Generally a very hardy and forgiving plant.

Edited to add: Your betta is gorgeous! Amazing colour!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom