Can someone help me make my fish tank look better?

Samwuzhere

Reaction score
I need someone to help me make my fish tank look better. I'm going to get more plants and I have a piece of driftwood in the mail. I'm also going to get a few more fish. I really need someone to help me design it though.

Last edited:

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
See the little arrow next to where it says quick reply? Click that then click the paper clip, and post your picture. I'm not very good at aquascaping but I'll try and help

Dave125g

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm using the app on my phone too. When you go to reply to me, look to the left of where your typed words are ...See the arrow with the circle around it?

FreshFishes

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
On the app, you will see a little + icon inside a darker circle next to the text box. Click on that and it will take you to a larger advanced reply box. Down lower closer to the keyboard, there is a mountain and sun in a box. Click this and you can choose from your library. Click the little camera illustration to the left to take a picture in the app.
-Potato

Samwuzhere

Reaction score
Wow it's way different on my phone
Thank u, I got the app and now it makes sense

On the app, you will see a little + icon inside a darker circle next to the text box. Click on that and it will take you to a larger advanced reply box. Down lower closer to the keyboard, there is a mountain and sun in a box. Click this and you can choose from your library. Click the little camera illustration to the left to take a picture in the app.
-Potato
Thank u I got the app and now it makes sense

1467945694558.jpg here is a picture, it really needs some redesigning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Charles556

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Glad you joined the hobby, and this forum

What kind of theme are you going for? A natural, river-esque setting? Or perhaps a fun, wacky-looking setup?

How large is your tank? Judging by your picture, the 2 silver fish on the right look like silver dollars, which worry me.

zeble

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
If your going for a more natural look, you could get rid of that one fake plant in the far left since it stands out a lot and replace it with the moss rolls from the right. Or just move the moss rolls closer so that the dark green plastic doesn't seem so out of place. Also I would shift the leftmost rock 'flake' in the foreground to match the position of the other as it seems sort of just dropped in there. If not then just add whatever the you want .

Samwuzhere

Reaction score
Thanks I'll try it

Those are silver dollars and I only have a 29 gallon. I bought them then I went home and looked them up online. I found out they grow 6 inches, need a school of at least 5 and the minimum tank size is 55 gallons. So I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them yet, but I think I know a pet store that will take them when they get too big. And I am trying to make it look more like a river bed

1467984354513.jpg 1467984365636.jpg 1467984391027.jpg this is what I have done so far I want to put the driftwood that is coming in the back right corner, but idk what it's going to look like. And I want to get some jungle vals for the back. Does anyone know any plants that would look good in here?

zeble

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Looking nice . Jungle vals would be great I think. Maybe something like ambulia as well? I would also suggest a few low ground plants for the foreground although can't think of any names right now.

mamachickadee

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Needs a cool background. Blue sky scape or River Rock picture might be fun. My background is Harry Potter themed!image

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom