Can Someone Give Me A Direct Answer On What To Feed?

gourami_guy7

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Can someone tell me directly what to feed my new crayfish and german blue ram? They're both picky eaters and I don't want to get a bunch of food and just hope that they like it. (2 separate tanks and probably 2 separate foods.) What do you feed your GBRs and crayfish?

Thanks!

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Crayfish, in my experience, are some of the lease picky eaters I've ever had. They've eaten everything from veggies to fish food to the snails in my tanks.

GBRs will greatly prefer frozen or live foods such as brine shrimp, mosquito larvae, and bloodworms. Adding garlic extract to foods makes it more enticing for picky eaters.

Tigginjenn

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
My GBRs eat flake, but I also feed them frozen blood worms, as a treat, and frozen brine shrimp. I have some Daphnia coming tomorrow also. Unfortunately, I can't help.with crayfish, but would suspect bottom feeder food. A mix of algae wafers and shrimp pellets, but honestly can't say. Sorry.

J.Ho

Valued Member
Reaction score
I feed my crayfish algae wafers, slices of veggies, and occasionally fish. Can't help with the GBR part. You can probably find easy make recipes for gel food that would suit both of them.

Keep an eye on your cray and your ram, or you might end up with just a cray. They are not scavengers, they are active nocturnal predators.

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
gourami_guy7 is it a dwarf crayfish or not?

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year

B1GD4DDY

Valued Member
Reaction score
gourami_guy7 said:
Can someone tell me directly what to feed my new crayfish and german blue ram? They're both picky eaters and I don't want to get a bunch of food and just hope that they like it. (2 separate tanks and probably 2 separate foods.) What do you feed your GBRs and crayfish?

Thanks!
I have never heard of a cray being a picky eater. Mine eats everything. Even tries to eat the fake plants! I imagine your cray will make food out of the GBR soon...

ambush0908

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I feed my Crayfish algae wafers and shrimp pellets. Occasionally I will give him omega one frozen community blend. I also see him eating flakes, brine shrimp and bloodworms. My GBR’s were picky at first. They always ate frozen brine. They also love fluval bug bites. Eventually they started eating flake foods as well.

gourami_guy7

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Fahn said:
gourami_guy7 is it a dwarf crayfish or not?
No it isn't a dwarf.

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
gourami_guy7 said:
No it isn't a dwarf.
Then you will probably see everything from your plants to your fish become snacks for your crayfish, as they are pretty indiscriminate when it comes to food.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads