Help Can regular Aquarium sealant be used on a Rubbermaid 100gal stock tank

harpua2002

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I know that silicone doesn't adhere well to acrylic, but I have no idea about the stock tank. Do you think there is some kind of epoxy that you would need to use?

ColumbianShark3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I also need to mention the stuff the sealant would be going on is solid plastic not fiber glass like the rest

Attachments

Last edited:

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I also need to mention the stuff the sealant would be going on is solid plastic not fiber glass like the rest
Well the Epoxy that comes in like a syringe that is a 2 part kind will stick to plastic. Check the different kinds because there are like 3 kinds.

ColumbianShark3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Photos I was kinda sloppy but I can trim it up later, if it leaks again well I don't know what to do then, but so far the Sealant is sticking very well

Attachments

Last edited:

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
nope it takes around 48 hrs to cure with most silicones. That's why I mentioned epoxy. Less curing time.

ColumbianShark3

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You mean the epoxy? or waiting only 48 hrs?

If you mean epoxy once is fully cured nope. Silicone in the other hand has to be 72 hrs to be safe for fish.
the epoxy, and I wouldn't have fish in it for over 80-hours but I will have water in it in 48-hours the directions say its safe for water in 48-hours that is

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom