Can Rcs Live With Glofish?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish and Invertebrates' started by rrbauer96, Apr 16, 2017.

1. rrbauer96

rrbauer96 Valued Member Member

Just curious if I could put a few RCS in a 10 gal. that has 3 very old glofish in it. There are several hiding places including pvc connectors, fake plants, and I have a marimo ball on its way. Any insight would be great.

2. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

They should would be just fine. Glofish aren't necessarily predators and their mouths are too small to eat them anyhow. Just be sure they get fed (which they probably will be from leftover food)

3. OP
    OP
    rrbauer96

Okay thanks :D

4. Dave125g

Dave125g Fishlore Legend Member

5. FishandFun

FishandFun Valued Member Member

Should be fine.

6. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

Actually it depends on the type of glofish :). Are these the tiger barbs, zebra danios, or skirt tetra?

The tiger barb and skirt tetra will definetly eat the RCS but not sure about the danios.

Ghost shrimps are different than RCS, they are bigger for the start thus making them harder to eat. RCS stands out and are slower thus making them easy targets if the fish are interested.

7. Dave125g

Good point.

8. OP
    OP
    rrbauer96

Yes they are the white skirt tetra version of the glofish...so you're saying ghostshrimp would be better than RCS?

9. Dave125g

My glow tetra do fine with ghost shrimp. I never tried RCS. tho

10. Al913

Al913 Fishlore VIP Member

Yes

11. OP
    OP
    rrbauer96

Will go to my lfs this weekend and check them out :D

12. leftswerve

leftswerve Well Known Member Member

Rhumor has it ghost and RCS fight with RCS loosing. Just saying your done once you get ghost.

13. OP
    OP
    rrbauer96

Yeah I'm planning on getting just ghosts.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice