Can Rainbow Sharks

snowballPLECO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Burrow in sand? I just picked up a rainbow shark, first he was in a little cove and now he's nowhere to be seen.. 55g tank and I picked up every single decoration possible and still can't find him.

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Dunno honestly. Its not out of the realm of possibilities but i dont think they are typically burrower types

snowballPLECO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He was in his cove for 10minutes then disappeared, he couldnt have jumped and if he did i woulda found him i searched evwrywhwre and the filter. really weird.. perfect water parameters too.

H Farnsworth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
How long has the tank been running? Also are there any places it could get wedged? I had two die from getting stuck in the exact same spot. Each time I couldn’t find them had to look closely.

snowballPLECO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I picked up all the decorations, I can do it again. Tanks been running for a while its got great parameters, pristine conditions. I just got this guy 2 hours ago

snowballPLECO

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Update: He's back in his cove... lol, all my fish are juveniles so they cant really eat eachother just yet

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
snowballPLECO said:
Update: He's back in his cove... lol, all my fish are juveniles so they cant really eat eachother just yet
Secure from battlestations

H Farnsworth

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Good stuff. I love my rainbow shark. I’d say it’s the centerpiece fish in my tank, about 5 inches might go a bit more. I know I’ve seen them bigger than 5 inches.

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Were
snowballPLECO said:
was he?

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom