Can Rainbow Sharks Burrow in sand?

snowballPLECO
Burrow in sand? I just picked up a rainbow shark, first he was in a little cove and now he's nowhere to be seen.. 55 gallon tank and I picked up every single decoration possible and still can't find him.

NavyChief20
Dunno honestly. Its not out of the realm of possibilities but I don't think they are typically burrower types

snowballPLECO
He was in his cove for 10minutes then disappeared, he couldnt have jumped and if he did I woulda found him I searched evwrywhwre and the filter. really weird.. perfect water parameters too.

H Farnsworth
How long has the tank been running? Also are there any places it could get wedged? I had two die from getting stuck in the exact same spot. Each time I couldn’t find them had to look closely.

snowballPLECO
I picked up all the decorations, I can do it again. Tanks been running for a while its got great parameters, pristine conditions. I just got this guy 2 hours ago

AJE
What other tank mates are there any able to eat him?

H Farnsworth
Mine were lost up inside a decoration

snowballPLECO
AJE
How big are the fire mouthed and how big was the shark?

snowballPLECO
Update: He's back in his cove... lol, all my fish are juveniles so they can't really eat eachother just yet

NavyChief20
Update: He's back in his cove... lol, all my fish are juveniles so they can't really eat eachother just yet
Secure from battlestations

H Farnsworth
Good stuff. I love my rainbow shark. I’d say it’s the centerpiece fish in my tank, about 5 inches might go a bit more. I know I’ve seen them bigger than 5 inches.

AJE
Were
was he?

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Mix
  • Question
Replies
Views
Apersau1
Replies
Views