can overstocking affect the aquascaping?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Aquascaping' started by fengshui, Aug 5, 2014.

1. fengshui

fengshuiValued MemberMember

So my tank is overstocked with blood parrots, red devils, red severums and a green terror. So far everybody is getting along well as juvies, however, I know they will start becoming VERY aggressive, therefore, I am getting a 125 or 175 gallon in the near future. However, for now, I am thinking of aquascaping the tank. Would placing three large granite rocks equally spaced and lined up horizontally on sand be good enough for cover, territories and swimming space? Its a 29 gallon by the way.

2. OP
    OP
    fengshui

Here is a picture, feel free to give suggestions on how to rearrange it, I have some more extra driftwood, and flat stone pieces along with 50+ pieces of cichlid stones. Remember, I want to have open space where the fish can easily lip lock each other and hide and create territories. By the way, what causes cichlids to move the substrate like creating walls or depressions?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  3. jwhorner6

jwhorner6Well Known MemberMember

In my personal opinion I would not bother to aquascape. a 29 gallon with all those cichlids is not going to last very long at all and is small enough that no matter how you set it up, those fish will not have enough space to have boundaries. I would focus your time on getting your larger tank as soon as possible. But, that is just me, maybe someone else will have some more helpful ideas for you.

4. OP
    OP
    fengshui

Thanks jwhorner, I completely understand however I still rearranged it and please comment on how it looksimage

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice