Can My Turtle Eat This?

Discussion in 'Reptiles' started by FallenOwl, Apr 26, 2017.

1. FallenOwlWell Known MemberMember

I have a small (baby) box turtle (I believe).
    I bought nature zone's total bites for feeder insects.
    I was just wondering if she could eat it.
    I doubt she will, I'm not trying to make her, it will just be in there for the "roly-polies"/ red earthworms
    I would just rather know if it's safe for her to eat before putting it in there
    Here's Echo (box turtle?)
    e9eea2d31467cec92c4c7badda97fa54.jpg
    2b27796a9769ae84795bcb0002496cbe.jpg

2. KittyFish62Well Known MemberMember

I don't know anything about turtles, but what's always a good rule is to not feed anything that's not made for the certain animal, unless you have found that they can eat it.

3. FallenOwlWell Known MemberMember

I know, which is why I'm asking
    I want to put it in there to feed the "bugs" inside.
    I can't get her to eat anything that isn't moving, but I want to be sure before putting it in there.
    It says something about feeding it to reptiles on the side of the jar, but it's covered up by a barcode

4. KittyFish62Well Known MemberMember

pffffff idk

5. RedLoredAmazonWell Known MemberMember

She is so squee looking! :joyful: :happy: Sorry, I just love turtles/tortoises! I haven't had any so I can't give you any advice. Maybe there is some sort of turtle/tortoise site that's like Fishlore that can help.

6. KimberlyGFishlore VIPMember

She's adorable. There is no reason she can't eat it. (I don't know if she will, but she can) It's 90% moisture. hahaha WATER. It does have spirulina in it. That's a product people can eat. I think that is where the 3% protein comes from. It is normally fed to feeder bugs and insects but turtles will eat algae. As long as you have it, give it a try.

7. FallenOwlWell Known MemberMember

Ok, thank you
    @KimberlyG
    And she's only slightly bigger than a (U.S.) quarter! So tiny

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice