Question Can My Tank Support More Cories Or Angelfish?

MissCap

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello! I have a 55 gallon tank that I have had for almost 3 yrs! A few months ago, I started losing fish, about 5-6 deaths. A few were bloated and a few just died randomly. I have no clue what went on, but I have not added any new fish since it started. My last death was around a month ago so I am now thinking about adding a few more back in. My water parameters are 0/0/20.

Here is my current stock:

2 angelfish (bodies are half dollar size)
3 ghost shrimp
1 BN pleco (3 1/2”)
8 harlequin rasbora
4 molly
6 black tip tetra
2 khuli loach (could NOT keep my school alive but these two have survived for over a yr. not looking to restock as they are hard to find at my LFS)

I am wondering if I could add one more angel. Or if I could add a school of cories. Maybe 6-8 of them. My tank stays around 78 degrees and I have a sand bottom. Would they get along with the khulis and BN pleco? He is pretty territorial only when food is around. Otherwise he seems pretty mellow. Thanks for the advice!

OP
MissCap

MissCap

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
3 angels is usually a bad idea. 2 team up against 1.The school of Cory’s will be fine.
Oh ok. My LFS told me to get 3. I did initially and they were fine foe about a month. Then one got the bloat and died.

fjh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I would advise against a 3rd angel. once they are full grown they get more aggressive and if you get a pair, the odd man out will be picked on mercilessly.
a shoal of cories would be fine though.

OP
MissCap

MissCap

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I would advise against a 3rd angel. once they are full grown they get more aggressive and if you get a pair, the odd man out will be picked on mercilessly.
a shoal of cories would be fine though.
Thanks! I will not get a third angel. I have no clue if my two are male or female. They seem to get a long great.

I will get the cories!

Toggle Sidebar

Water Change Frequency?

• Daily

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Weekly

Votes: 53 67.9%
  • Every Two Weeks

Votes: 10 12.8%
  • Monthly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • As Needed (from test kit results or based on knowing your tank)

Votes: 14 17.9%

Top Bottom