Can my tank fit anything else?

1. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

I have a 10 gallon planted tank and currently have my precious Betta, Hugo, 3 Amano shrimp, and 2 nerite snails, one zebra and one horned. My Betta has been very hospitable, he doesn't pay mind to any of his neighbors. And I've never seen him harass any of them with flaring.

Is this a good place to stop? Expand upon snail population? What do you guys think?
    Some pictures of my critters,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And here's my tank! I plan to put a small piece of driftwood in that blank spot and plant Anubias Nana on it.
    [​IMG]
    Extra Notes: I am in no rush to add more :3 and I am also thinking of relocating my shrimp and snails too a smaller container, and placing assassin snails and something else in this 10 gallon, eventually.

Thanks in advance!

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I would add a piece of driftwood with plants on it in the middle or some mid-height plants. The change from short foreground to tall background is too abrupt and the midsection is too empty.

3. Dondomingo Well Known Member Member

My experience if you have a good thing going, don't change...instead... Expand!! After all who cant use another fishtank :)

4. Lady Monster Well Known Member Member

Hugo is a female?

I think shrimp are creepy lol but i do have 2 mystery snails in my 10 gallon with a male betta. I thought of adding another snail or 2 but I'm petty sure I have 2 males and don't want to risk getting a female and having to deal with eggs.

If they are all getting along i would keep them as is and just get another name 10 gallon, if that's an option for you.

5. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Hugo (after Hugo Strange) is a King Betta which have much shorter fins than the normal bettas, but are still males. I like his short fins cuz he has lots of energy instead of being tuckered out by long fins, or more in danger of fin rot.

And I love shrimp haha but I understand the sentiment, a bit bug-like.

If I got another tank it'd either be a larger tank, like a 20-30g (which won't be for a while) or a small one to use as shrimp and snails only tank. So for now this tank will be my only decent size one :3

6. Lady Monster Well Known Member Member

Oh i see! I just thought it looked quite a bit different from mine lol.

7. codyrex97 Well Known Member Member

Yeah haha. Also what do you think about adding anymore shrimp? I feel like my shrimp would be a little less timid if there were a few more?

8. Lady Monster Well Known Member Member

That's probably a good idea