Can my swordtail give birth again after 2 days?? help please

clayfg

Reaction score
HI my female swordtail has just given birth yesterday but in the main tank since I still had not put her in the breeder :-[ since I didn't know she was so close.

But her belly is still a bit big and the black spot near her analfin is still there, I read that sometimes they give birth to the rest after 2 days or so, is it true? shall I put her in the breeder now??? HELP PLEASE URGENTLY thanks :-\ :-\ :-\

vin

Well Known
Reaction score
Put her in the breeder now...She can give birth to fry up to a year.....Most finish within 6 months...You'll have to keep an eye on her and the fry.....

Just a little info - We donated our male sword last August.....One of our females is still giving birth and he gravid spot is not any smaller than it was when she starting having babies last summer.....When oh when will it end????

PhillieFan

Reaction score
They don't necessarily give birth to all the fry at once. So yes more could possibly be on the way. If she still looks heavily pregnant I would put her into a breeder or keep a very close eye on her.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Our platy female gave birth about every 25 days after her 1st batch. Each time she dropped fry, most would be dropped the first day, but she would drop more over the next 2-3 days. So she might still have a few left to drop for this batch before the next batch starts to grow in her.

New Threads