Can Molly's jump out of the tank?

Serenity

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new here. We got two swordtail molly's earlier in the week. They were both there yesterday. The cover was not on the tank. Today there is only the male. The female is missing. We can't find her anywhere. We looked in the plants, even took them out. Looked in the filter. Looked all around the place where the tank is. Can't find her anywhere. Could she have jumped out? And if so how far could she get?

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi welcome ,i guess she could have jumped out but i cant see her getting far, maybe shes stuck between the back of the tank and wall boff. :'(

0morrokh

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I've heard of livebearers jumping out of their tank. Fish are notorious for dying in the most impossible places to find though. Let us know if you find her.

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
I have herd the same , i always keep lid on, and when i feed them make sure they don't jump out.

Serenity

Reaction score
She must have jumped. We found her. Sadly she was dead. We still have the male, but i think I need to do some more reading before we replace her. I need to go find out what the heck cycling is and why it is important. Thanks for answering my question.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom