Question can loaches and angels be kept together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffcameron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hi, Clown loaches get quite large so if it's for the tank listed in your profile I would say no because it's far too small for all the fish you've listed.

If you get a larger tank yes clown loaches can be kept with angels however a betta should not be kept with Angels. With 7 Angels if you want to add clown loaches then you'll need at least a 90 Gallon tank.

Jeffcameron

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Yes they are usually compatible. I'm just saying you will have to upgrade your tank to keep all the fish healthy and happy.

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The Clowns & Angels are compatible but like Jeff wrote, your tank is nowhere near big enough. I'd say you need all of your 58gal just to house the Angels. Clowns need to be in groups of at least 3 & need at least 120gal for those 3 IMO. The Pleco might be ok or it might need a larger tank, it depends exactly what species it is. The Betta needs a tank of it's own with nothing else in it.

Simey28

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I kept a Clown Loach with Angles for over 5 years, never bothered each other. But like the others have said, you will need a big tank to house all those fish.

kefman86

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I too had angels with clowns. The angels used to be fasinated by their dawn and dusk tumbling displays. Never had a problem keeping them together

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Neither Angelfish or Clown loaches will hurt/ disturb each other Although Clowns will zip through all the different levels of the tank they are basically bottom fish. Angels by the same token are basically top water fish but will check out the other levels.

Clown Loaches need lots of swimming room, pristine water, need to be in a group, do get to a rather large size. Here's some excellent information to go with the great information you've already gotten
http://www.loaches.com/species-index/clown-loach-chromobotia-macracanthus
Carol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom